Drilling with stop at 3 mm from a surface

Hello

I'm starting on solid and I would like to do several holes with a single sketch up to a surface but with an offset, without leading up like on this image.

thank you in advance for your help,

forme.pdf

Hello

One possible solution is to use the "Piercing Assistance" feature.
Among the conditions for ending the function, choose "Translated from Surface", select the limit face, and specify the value of the offset.

Warning: do not trust the preview which is not in accordance with the final result (all holes have the same depth)...

percage.png
5 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I had already used it but in the case of a mesh it doesn't work you can 't select one side at a time.

Hello
If your boundary surface is from a mesh, it is made up of a large number of elementary facets, and the depth of each hole depends on which facet is located in its axis.
Under these conditions, it is difficult (impossible?) to imagine a procedure that deals with all the holes in a single function.
One possible solution is to recreate a single surface as close as possible to the original mesh. Via a macro perhaps, or with the ScanTo3D add-in if you have it.

Can you give us a more precise idea of the geometry of this mesh: via an image, or better in the form of a file (stl...)?

3 Likes