Loss at the crease

Hello and Happy New Year to all

Is there a way, by knowing the loss at the bends  of a sheet metal bend at 90° (test done on a bending machine) with solidworks , to be able to know the loss at the bends of sheet metal with bends at angles different than 90° with the same ve, ri, and thickness, I know if we take the method with the K  factor 80° and 100° we and about good but beyond that it is no longer the case, do we have to go through the bending machine for tests there is no other way?

Thank you for your answers

Marco

Hello @marco42marc 

The best thing to do is to do some tests

at least you'll be 100/100 sure of it

then we can also extrapolate to see 

topic already X times discuss on the site 

@+

Hello

I only work with this file that I made with the help of a former colleague and I don't have any problems with the developed ones.

calculateur_facteur_k.xls
1 Like

Your painting is quite Ac cobra, but having also done a lot of tests with the folder of my company, we don't have the same results depending on the material.

For example, in our country we use a K-factor of:

0.333 for stainless steel

0.49 for steel 

0.45 for aluminum

1 Like

My method will seem weird but I always put 0.273 of factor K, with the bend radius equal to the thickness of the sheet. Which means that my development corresponds to what we learn at school, (outer sides) - (a thickness). I work in a small locksmith/boiler company and I haven't had any problems with the guys in the workshop. We don't use a digital folding machine either, so even if the bending radius doesn't correspond between what is done in the workshop and the plan, the development is fine.

1 Like

To answer the question directly, the answer is no.

I have a customer who works with the panel supplied with his machine, for example for a sheet of 2, the loss is 3.5 at 90° and 1 at 135° (inside angle).

So you have to test every thickness of every material you use.

3 Likes