Can I copy a tree of an assembly into a new, empty assembly?

I have a corrupted assembly, is it possible to copy a tree from an existing assembly to a new empty assembly?

What is the goal?

Why not make a composition to take away?

Actually if I understand correctly, Just copy the assembly and rename it.

You open the new assembly and you will find all the components of the previous one in your tree.

If you make a composition to take away: all the components will be copied. Except in the example above the components are the same.

1 Like

In your case remrem, a good old save-sous seems the easiest to me, doesn't it?

Otherwise in the takeaway line-up, you don't have to select everything. You only take one element if it's the one you're interested in (the starting assembly being the first on the list)

1 Like

Hello

#bart, #remrem; I think the difficulty lies in the corrupted file.

Maybe it is possible to select all the elements (click dragged into the tree) of the assembly then right-click on the selection and "form a new subassembly here". A new virtual subassembly is then created. Then simply open it and "save as" it to create a new assembly identical to the corrupted one. On the other hand, I'm not sure that the assembly functions (repetition etc)  will follow, but if that's all that's left to do again...

Keep us posted.

1 Like

It all depends on what he means by corrupt.

The best thing to do is to have the source file to take a look at

1 Like

Thank you for your answers

the source files have been sent to Solidworks because the assembly extracted by EPDM remains read-only for Solidworks

impossible to make a composition to take away

Unable to save under

Unable to create a configuration

Assembly file  is corrupted

The assembly file has been sent to SOLIDWORKS for repair