Can we dissociate sketch elements?

Hello everyone,

The title may not be clear, so I will try to clarify. I created a sketch that corresponds to an assembly of a part (or elements), in fact I found it easier to design. In the end, I realize that I would have to dissociate and isolate each element, if only to be able to physically dimension each part and to be able to make my assembly. In other words, is there a function that would transform (my initial sketch which looks like an assembly in solidworks assembly in order to isolate each element).

Thank you for your answers

Master

Hello

If I'm not mistaken, if you right-click on a function you should be able to save it as a part.

Hello

Thank you for your quick answer, I'm on SLW 2014 and a priori it doesn't work.

Kind regards

Watch here

Then you will have to tinker , make configurations of your different bodies and then make an assembly and insert different configurations into the ASM until you have your assembly as you wish.

Well in the end I resketched each part in isolation and I'm going to do the assembly to check that everything works well. What software version does your  trick work on, please?

Otherwise if someone has a solution although my current problem is almost solved, I'm all for it, because it happens quite often that I design an assembly of elements in a single sketch and then on this basis to create each piece independently, but in general these are simple compositions ... there it was a little less true!

I remind you of my problem from a set created with the part function, to be able to transform the final result into an "assembly file", or finally to dissociate and isolate construction elements to convert them into parts.

Thank you in advance

Master

If you're used to working like this, I advise you to open an assembly and create your design by making each part separately. The operation is identical except that in the end you will have an assembly with parts instead of a multi-body part.

You wouldn't have needed to redo everything, you would have just needed to make a configuration per element of your body and bring each element back into an assembly...

Hello

There is, however, one function that corresponds to your concern, it seems to me: it is schematic representations. Their main advantage is precisely that they allow you to design everything with sketches and then very easily transform them into a part and ASM.

https://www.google.fr/search?source=hp&ei=BgBgXLLFNZKUlwS1qJOICg&q=solidworks+repr%C3%A9sentation+sch%C3%A9matique&oq=Solidworks+repr%C3%A9sentation+sch%C3%A9matique&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0.5234.5234..8366...0.0..0.329.329.3-1......0....2j1..gws-wiz.....0.5Ly5HZd7BWo

We have dealt with this topic on this forum recently.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

You can create blocks of your parts in your sketch and save these blocks to an external file. In a new file, you import the block into a new sketch.

Kind regards.

Hello

Thank you for your answers,  I've already tested Cobra's suggestion, it works well but hey I'm not too familiar with it yet.... but it already solves my problem.

I looked at the Zozo_mp method, I don't think it works for me, however I will test it and it gives me other ideas of creation so there too very interesting.

Finally, I'm also going to test Nanik's latest method, which seems to be a different approach.

So thank you all for your answers

Kind regards

Master

1 Like

Hello Midou.24

The block method is precisely the one used in the case I have cited: namely the "schematic representations" in which the sketches are transformed at a moment into blocks so that they can behave like parts and with constraints as in assemblies. The advantage is also that it becomes very easy to transform all these into real parts when the design is almost fixed without losing any of the existing constraints for the ASM.
All that remains is to put the missing constraints in Z since the schematic representation only works on YX planes unless we use several planes on Z

"Schematic representations" have a mode that is precisely designed to make this type of very light but functional design: even if you do a cinematic of some kind.

Kind regards

1 Like