Can I modify a text on Solidwork for laser cutting?

Hello

I have to prepare a plate with a text that will be laser cut, I know that there are fonts for laser cutting but the client wants a special font.

I would like to know if there is a way to modify the same characters at once by modifying only one?

Example: I modify the "e", I create a link with the sheet metal to avoid falling and here I would like it to modify all the other "e" of the text.

Do you know of a faster way than doing each letter one by one?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello

Look at it in my tutorial. I have put some and if they suit you.

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/2d/caractere-pour-decoupe-laser

2 Likes

Okay, I'll look into it. Thank you

Otherwise, you have to export your part with the sketch writing and rework it in the DXF for cutting.

1 Like

Hello 

Look on this page, there are some interesting fonts:

http://www.dafont.com/fr/theme.php?cat=114

Gunplay is not bad for cutting.

Gauthik

1 Like

I can't read your tutorial. and I can't unzip the tc-laser.rar file because I'm on the company's computer.

For the dxf you need a special software or can you do it with Solidworks? I've never made DXF files

Thank you Gauthik but I have an imposed font so I can't choose one already ready for cutting.

You make your part on solidworks and you save it in dxf format, it's not more complicated. If your part is sheet metal, then you will just have to check the sheet metal option when registering, otherwise you will have a dxf with your part not unfolded.

1 Like

Hello

To put it simply, when you type your text, in the left pane you can uncheck the box "use document font". From there, you can choose a suitable font.

I think the stencil or OLF fits your needs.

At the very least, you can create a sketch block for the letters you use.

That way you only rework your letters once.

It's the D system, there are probably better things.

3 Likes

I'm going to try Gauthik.

Bart, I can't choose a different font than the one I'm using, so I have to make the links by hand.

For me I don't see a miracle solution this being the case you can create a paste function that you put in the library that will save a little time:)

1 Like

I'll look for how to do it and I'll try, thank you.

To rework the DXF you need either Autocad or Draftsight or you can also do it from your laser programming software.

2 Likes

Yes there is autocad but not on my post but I think it's the easiest solution to try. Thank you.

To complete @AC cobra 427, Draftsight is available for free on this site. You just have to download and install and you will be able to process ALL the dxf made with Solidworks.

Draftsight links: http://www.lynkoa.com/store/mycadfr/logiciels-libres-1/draftsight.html

Cdt.

Hello

To rework the dxf you can also insert it in a SW drawing by New drawing, choice of the baseplane, DXF/DWG insertion .... or Open DXF plan directly in SW...

Kind regards

When I'm in the case where I have an imposed policy.

I do my removal of material by keeping all the bodies well I create a fused boss to close the inside of the letters like the O, the A, the P etc....

modele.jpg
3 Likes

Yes it's a good idea Bart, thank you very much.

1 Like