Ok part - error template

Hello

I make a play, so far so good. I save it, reopen it and everything still works well.

But if I save it as a model and I open a room from this model, I end up with several errors in my construction tree such as relationships that it can't find anymore or plans...

Have you ever had this type of problem?

Thank you very much!

Hello

Could you put your exhibits in a file for us to look at???

That's the part file...

carport_a.sldprt

And the model...

I'm in SW2017

cartport_a.prtdot

Damn I'm under 2016!!

Why put it in a model piece; What will be the goal???  

It is a configurable piece that I have to use regularly, with just different dimensions hence the interest for me to make a model of it.

Anyway, I don't understand why it messes up when it's saved as a template when everything is fine for the room.

In the slddot it is to have models of material parts sutout with material already assigned and the personalized property pre-filled according to the material..

I also use standard parts and I created a library, you create a folder with your standard parts and you add it in solidworks. See PJ

rajout_bibliotheque.jpg

I have my library of parts too...

But here it is a folded sheet metal construction that must be used as similar projects but with different dimensions each time for different customers...

So I have to use it as a model and not as a library piece.

But no matter the use, I don't understand why it loses relationships when it's saved as a template when everything is fine for the part, hence my question...

This is my original piece

capture_decran_2017-07-09_22.25.17.png

And this when I create a piece from the model of my original piece

capture_decran_2017-07-09_22.26.47.png

I think it's buggy because it's a multi-body piece. I made it in one piece and it works great.

ac_cobra.prtdot

and here is the other...

ac_cobra.sldprt

Thanks for the idea... but it's true that I need the multibody...

I have other models in multibody mechanically welded, there is no problem.

It may well be a bug in sheet metal... but I still find it crazy...

Avoids a Max symmetries

if you want to avoid any possible problems 

Visually on. The impression that you. 4 Identity profile

So create your profile

welded construction

and Drive Works for size changes

@+

2 Likes

Hello

The problem probably comes from the fact that you used a face as a sketch reference that is subject to change when a change is made (or a reference that no longer exists in some cases)

Modify your sketches to be based on fixed references such as the origin.

Otherwise, instead of creating templates, you have the configuration publisher that's made for that. It's much faster to fill out a form than to type the dimensions to look for in the model to modify them.

Otherwise, like GT22, driveworks can do the job but I find it a bit heavy for a simple part.

3 Likes

Personally, and this is only my opinion, I would use the plan of law as a plan of symmetry to simplify the model:)

Hello

I read in a hurry, but I confirm that symmetries can cause problems, personally I replace them with an alignment (V/H) of the end points of the segments and an equal length, otherwise I use construction lines and the midpoint in the case of an inclination. In short, all this only if the piece has to evolve over time.

2 Likes

Hello Fredus,

I opened your model on SW2017 and I have no bug even by changing the value of your equations.

On the other hand I noticed that the last sketch of your model is the "sketch121" so your file is not new,

The best thing to do when making a model is to start from scratch and make the file in one go (no deleted functions or Z controls), and save it directly in . PRPDOT

1 Like

Thank you all for your answers. I will use your advice and redo the file following them.

Pierre, it's incredible that you don't make a mistake. My file is new but I probably did erase, ctrl z... But hey, I'll also try to do it again in one go...