Median shot on

Hello

I created a path using the XYZ point curve function from a 400point file. I get more of a spline than a curve in the end...

I would like to know if it is possible to create a median plane following this curve?

Say months if my question is not clear, I will illustrate it with pictures.

Thank you.

Hi Loic,

Personally I don't understand your question well??!!!  

A little screenshot?

@ +

3 Likes

I already think that the creation of a 3D curve

via Convert Entity tool

will allow you to work on it

without being able to change its structure

after your midway plane

you have to see your curve already (screenshot)

be able to measure it

place a point at the half length of your trajectory

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello

In the sketch, you can set an odd number of control points of this spline  (e.g. 15) and select the midpoint to constrain your plane and if you want to set it normal to that spline. 

Checkpoints --> right-click on the spline  --> simplify the spline --> decrease or increase the tolerance to have an odd number of points

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers, I'll try to clarify.

Above the 2 captures. The 1st is the front view and the second is the bottom view (Z axis)

I need to measure values on the front view. However, since the spline also varies on the Z axis, I would like a plane that would be the average of all the variations on this axis. In order to have measures that are as favourable as possible.

1 Like

@ Loic

how do you want to have a middle shot on this type of sketch

he will never be a midfielder

What is the purpose of your midfielder?

otherwise yes as @ leblanc says

via a repetition of a point via repetition on a curve and the number of points in odd number

post your sketch in step if possible that I try something

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

It might be easier to determine this median/mean/normal value with excel and then create the offset clip of an original clip.

1 Like

Good evening 

I'm not sure I understand, but you can do constrained planes at each end of the curve and parallel to the front plane, and then do a middle plane, and do the same thing again but parallel to the plane below, and the intersection of the two middle planes should give you an X axis in the middle of the variation of your curve between the plane below and the plane in front.

It's twisted, but I understand your request like that, I just?

On the other hand, it has nothing to do with the center of your curve...

The method I gave you earlier can allow you to create a constrained plane according to a point in the middle of your curve, you can from this point define the orientation of the plane according to the desired view.

Thank you for your guidance.

I finally managed to get a correct result with romain's solution

Have a good day to you

Hello

but who is Romain?

And how did you do it?

2 Likes