45° Fold (Solidworks 2016)

Hi everyone.

I have a sheet metal piece to draw with folds at different angles. I can't make my 45° fold... Would you be how to do it? I tried by going through a sketch and then the sketched fold function (but I can't do the definition of the function), by the fold on edge function (but the angles must be greater than 90° so I'm not starting on the right side).

Thanks for the help.

1.png

Hello

I had a colleague who even had the problem, I had answered on this post:

http://forum.solidagora.com/topic3058.html

1 Like

Why not make a sheet of metal bent on the edge at 45°?

I don't see the problem

pli.png
2 Likes

It's not enough to reverse the direction of the crease?

1 Like

Well yes, I don't see the difficulty =)

We must have missed something!

vspemens> I looked at your answer that you gave me, on the other hand I still have the same problem even with the virtual intersection...

Bart / sbadenis > When I make my sheet metal bent on edge, I can't put an angle below 45°... even if you change the direction of the crease...

You cannot make a tangent fold with angles less than 90°

You have to use another kind of fold. or trace it manually but I don't see why.

Can you send your piece?

1 Like

I invite you to follow the tutorial on the sheet metal module which can be found in the solidworks help.

At the end of this tutorial, you will have much less trouble drawing bent sheet metal.

1 Like

Hello

I just saw on your screen that you drew the beginning of your part in extrusion and then converted it into sheet metal. Why not make your whole part in extrusion and other functions until you have the finished part and then convert it to sheet metal, it's easier if you don't master the sheet metal module too much...

Thank you all for your answers.

Ac cobra 427 > It's been several years since I've used this module so it's a bit complicated for me to get back to it...

vspemens> I started my piece from the beginning, and your technique finally worked... On the other hand, I don't understand why it didn't want to work at first.

Bart> Yes, that's what I understood with the link that vspemens had put on his first post, but when I tried to make the fold with the virtual intersection, I couldn't do it either. I probably had a shit somewhere blocking me. I redrew my piece and I was able to make my folds correctly as well as a first fold that I had drawn in volume because I couldn't do it.

1 Like

The conversion to sheet metal is used for really complex parts, for simple parts, it is better to stay on the classic module.