Folding possible?

I admit that for 10 pieces, DIY is the best! :)

1 Like

On the other hand, it may not be very precise? No? Your 2 piercings may not be coaxial.

Finally I come back to my proposal at the beginning as a joke, wouldn't it be better to make this machined clevis and bring it back welded on your sheet metal? (to be seen according to the charges and imtegrations!)

2 Likes

The drilling can be done after folding, I sent the 3D to a supplier I will see what he answers me because opinions are very divided!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Why not make the "ears" in several pieces in oxide-cutting with mortise tenons?

For assembly, positioning will be facilitated by the mortise and tenons. In addition, an axle can be added to the holes to ensure coaxiality.

If need more precision we can carry out the drilling after welding.

5 Likes

+1 rem rem.

You can also have a big delirium and put them in a laser tube! Or not!

1 Like

Yes, it's sure that different processes are not lacking.

I was going for sheet metal but I'll see what the supplier says

1 Like

@ Tomalam

This is exactly the type of part to be made with a stamping press

the 2 folds at the same time if you want to minimize the tolerances of the sides

with suitable tools fab maison

the die that holds the part in its housing (flat sheet metal surface)

the pitch that creates the 2 folds at the same time

and WATCH OUT fingers................... ;-))

@+ ;-))

3 Likes

Well after my supplier came back he told me that it's possible but with a big check... (special tools)

So I'm going to fall back on a machined part and then weld a sheet metal for the rest of the part.

Thank you for your answers

1 Like

And one tab bent and the other added by mortise tenon + welding?

2 Likes

Sorry Frédéric, I'm going to do my Monk but it's not going to look symmetrical^^

2 Likes

And the solution mentioned by @remrem:

Seal plug in the mortise.

For years I made this kind of pieces (on larger dimensions), it's royal! (to be adjusted to your needs!)

piece2.step
3 Likes

No big deal "Monk", I just propose.

2 Likes

Gone goes for mortise tenon

PS: Sorry Benoit but you have enough points but remrem can thank you for insisting! ;)

2 Likes

We are in complete agreement @tomalam, the idea is to @remrem, I have only illustrated. I had forgotten about this technique after a year without using it!

Beware of the parallelism of the 2 turntables! It can go quickly, if you can add a plate behind to close the U it will be all the better!

2 Likes

Ok for Remrem's solution, on the other hand, I would have done the opposite.

The 2 wings that rest on the flat of 26. In terms of outfit, it will be better I think.

2 Likes

You have to see the direction of the forces, but if it's vertical, it's not the weld that works first, but the sheet metal. It limits the "load-bearing" welds.

And if the effort is lateral, it comes down to the same thing. No?

2 Likes

It's for a pedal that activates a mechanism, no big effort in sight:

2 Likes

I confirm my first proposal:)

2 Likes

Well done Ben and Rem ;)

tom, nice the room =)

2 Likes