Multiple construction lines

Hello I have a problem,  when I click on line, I make my line and once finished I have to reselect line in the bar to make a new one. it's a huge waste of time and we could do it on SW 17 so do you have an idea? Thank you. for information I'm on SW 19 

image_1.jpg

Hello

When you make lines, to interrupt the creation and resume it later, you just have to double click, it has the effect of stopping and you don't need to reselect the function.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello jmsavoyat

Yes I know that but when I want to make a circle for example, I select it and normally you can make several in a row and then as soon as I make one I have to go back to the toolbar and start again. And it's the same for everything in the sketch. 

Hello

In settings/customize/ mouse. See attachment.

You can customize your direct access with the mouse.

Kind regards

capture_parametre_souris.jpg
1 Like

Hello

I use shortcuts. For the line I type L lowercase (l) to start the line and L lowercase to end the line.

L for line
C for a construction line
O for a circle

Same as E for extrusion
schift V for material removal

Etc... etc...

It's up to you to choose the shortcuts that suit you best.

It goes very fast. Especially since I use two mice: an ordinary one with the left hand and a 3D mouse with the right hand. Thus, 90% of cases are left-hand mouse and right-hand keyboard.

I only use the solution proposed by @contact_168 to get out of the sketch or to use the dimensioning and radii in the sketch.

Kind regards

I'm under SW2019 I select circle I do the 1st after I click elsewhere I do my 2nd circle and so on, I don't see why you would have to go back to the menu select the line or circle tool, unless you press ESC key at the end of each line or circle and in this case it's normal.

Same for the lines, I chain them without problem.

Hello

Once you have placed the second point of your line, right-click and then "end chain" (this is the same as doing the double click mentioned by jmsavoyat above), you can then start a new line without having to reselect the line command in the taskbar.

Have a good day to you.

fin_de_ligne.jpg

Hello

Verify that in System Option - General,  the "Only one order per selection" option is not checked

Cdlt

Alan

image_1696.png
4 Likes

Hello

This can be caused by the settings in the general options in solidworks.

You have to check if the "only one order per selection" box is unchecked, it is checked in SW2019.

System option--> General--> Only one command per selection.  

Have a nice day

Cdlt

option_generale.png

Hello everyone and thank you for your help and thank you  Acombier for your solution, that's it thank you and had a good day 

1 Like