Weight piece

Hello 

What is the procedure on solidworks to choose the material for such a drawn part and then estimate its weight?

Thank you

Hello

Right-click on the part name in the design tree and then Materials -> Edit Material.

A window opens and you just have to choose the desired material:)

Validate with "Apply" and it's good.

See attached file.

capture.jpg
1 Like

Hi @ shayouni

if you apply a material to your room  via the material library

The log will be able to calculate the weight of your part or assembly

tab/ evaluate /sensor /ground property

you will have your weight and your center of gravity

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Is it a bug or my answer disappeared???

@Jose-accessa, I've already had this kind of case where my answer had disappeared as well! :-(

1 Like

It must be a bug, the response count gives one more than what is readable.

S.B

@Jose,

If you have access to the Android or Apple app, you may see it. It has already happened to me on an answer where, on the site, my answer was visible and best answer and on the application, it was @Lucas's answer that was visible and best answer, mine not appearing!

There is a post on this subject: http://www.lynkoa.com/groupes/publications/bug

1 Like

@ Jose

yes your answer has disappeared well

and + I put you + 1 to your answer

you should find it in your points

It also happened to me a few times  as @ jmsavoyat says

Will you understand?. ;-(

@+ ;-)

Yes it's the same thing, my answer was designated as the best but it disappeared :/

A short post in this link may allow http://www.lynkoa.com/groupes/publications/bug to definitively identify the problem!

@gt22: Yes yes, I saw the +1 and the points are there, thank you;)

@benoit: I posted a message, we'll see what happens next!

@Jose, there is no doubt about it: @Clementine keeping an eye on things. It is by multiplying the reports of the problem that she will be able to identify where this inconvenience comes from.

Apparently these are isolated cases. I would have to be able to reproduce the phenomenon to find the bug.

I sent a message to the author of the question to find out from which medium he had asked his question (mobile or web) and from which medium he chose his best answer.

As for the answer that has disappeared, it was posted from the web @jose-accessa?

@Clémentine: Yes, from the web.

Hello friends 

I asked my question in order to get an answer but not to discuss the PBMs of disappeared answers.

Thank you for your understanding

Hello

@shayouni you got your answer since you put it in the best answer then why such a reaction??

@+