Pointillés draftsight

Hello

Beginner with Draftsight, I would like to know if it is possible to make the hidden parts of one block appear by another in dotted lines.

Also how to make the dotted lines appear on the screen: I select a line that I put in "dashed" on the screen it always appears in a solid line, I would like it to take the appearance of a line when it is selected.

I hope I have succeeded in making myself understood.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello

I have the same problem with the draft display, but strange when I print they are dotted. At the cost of not getting lost, I put my dashed in another color.

Hello

Do you have the latest version of DraftSight?

There was an update last week I think.

If not, are the styles busy?

See here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Load-Linestyles-in-DraftSight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FmDRVzW8Q

I work more on autocad than draftsight, but the PB of the dotted lines I already had.

The thing is that depending on the length of the line the dotted lines are more or less visible, so if it's on a long length you have to change the scale of the line.

On AutoCAD:

Click on the line (or make a quick selection according to the type of line "Dashed" and in the trait property there should be one called "Scale of the line type" and there you have to decrease the scale.

I'm going to install draftsight and tell you again if this is really your PB?

sans_titre.png

Hello

Won't it come from the resolution or the display quality?

That is what I am talking about.

sans_titre.png

I tried to change the scales but I don't see any difference

As for the version I have I don't know if it's the last one: I have version 11.2.802 and the one to download is V1R5.0 : I don't see the continuity between the 2 versions!!!!

I started at 0 and by making a new drawing, I see that by modifying the scale my dotted lines appear and change.

But here I am at my first question: how to dot the hidden part when I draw one block on top of another.

draft.jpg

You have to cut the part that should be underneath (i.e. remove it) and recreate a line in place of the removed part and apply the "dotted" type of line to it, for me it's the only way

ahhh good!!!

I thought that having the possibility to put a block on top or below was used to manage this problem.