Why photoview 360 crashes at render time on SLDW 2020

Hello

My problem is explained in the title. When I run my render, solidwokrs crashes and the render closes but not solidworks.

Do you have any idea about my problem? A solution, a hypothesis, I'm all for it!

Thanks in advance

Since they replaced it with Visualize, it may not be compatible anymore?

Since they replaced it with Visualize, it may no longer be compatible?

I don't know why Photoview crashes but on the other hand it's normal that SW doesn't crash because SW and Photoview are independent programs. depending on the version Photoview is actually MODO 901 and higher.

You should give complete indications about your hardware hoping that you don't have a graphics card for "gamer". 

Kind regards

Hello

I don't know why Photoview crashes but on the other hand it's normal that SW doesn't crash because SW and Photoview are independent programs. depending on the version Photoview is actually MODO 901 and higher.

You should give complete indications about your hardware hoping that you don't have a graphics card for "gamer". 

Kind regards

Hello

Kind regards

Is this the first time you've rendered on this machine with this release?
If so, what is your machine configuration?
If not, is it systematic (can you restart a calculation on a rendering that has already been done?)?
If so, look at updates, especially graphics drivers.
If not, it's your model that's the problem...

1 Like

Hello

FYI it's not weird at all that Photoview stuffs itself while SW doesn't crash: because in reality they are two very distinct programs. Depending on the version, Photoview is actually a lighter version of the MODO 901 software and later.

Kind regards

Thank you for your answers,

First of all, photoview worked very well on my 2019 sldw, and since the 2020 version this is no longer the case.

My configuration: Intel core i7 quadcore 2.8ghz - 8G of ram - CG: Nividia quadro M1200

I'll see if there's an update of the graphics card drivers.

I tested on one of my other PCs (config: Intel core I7 3.4ghz - 16G of ram - CG: GTX 960) and it's the same thing...

What I don't understand is even if it's two separate modules, why does it crash only at the time of rendering... That's my misunderstanding...

Hello@Thomas

If you have the 2020 version and in addition ifyou are under maintenance you are entitled to Visualize which is simpler and above all faster.

For the use of Visualize it's the same logic as Photoview, so you wouldn't be out of place ;-)

Kind regards

@Geoffrey They didn't replace with visualize.
Visualize is a Free AddOn IF you are under maintenance but inaccessible if you are not under maintenance (Control on a Digital Key and the Dassault server). I had it but I don't have it anymore (SNIFFF)

Hello

Your configurations are a bit light.

It all depends on what precision of the file output you want? Your file types processed? From EPDM or not?

Have you tested with a smaller definition for the treatment?

CDLT