Can you help me solve my "unfolded" function problem in sheet metal?

Hi all

As part of my work, I was looking to rectify the unfolded length issues on Solidworks 2019. I use the "Table of bending areas" parameter and then the "bend_calculation" excel file to create my sheet metal.
I modified the excel table "bend_calculation" by modifying the formulas. After saving to test my new formulas, I wanted to unfold my sheet metal. The problem is that the unfolded function no longer worked . I get an error message that says "The bend area table file has a format that is invalid."

Seeing this, I decided to put the excel file back as before.
Problem, even if you put the file back as original, the unfolded function no longer works and the error message is still displayed.

You will find attached the file that I tried to put back from the original

I have the impression that solidworks can't make the link between the function and the excel table.
Do you know how to fix this?

bend_calculation.xls

You will find attached the photo of the error message I am talking about.

photo_probleme_solidworks.png

Hello

From what I can see, you don't have any creases (basic creases ????) so the unfold function has no chance of working.
Can you open "bent base sheet" so that we can see what's in it and post the screenshot.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello Zozo_mp,

Thank you for your answer. I managed to fix the problem, I was only using the wrong setting. It was sufficient to use the bend calculation and not the bend area table.

Have a good day to you.

Best regard,

1 Like