Activex Problem on SolidWorks

Hello

I'm having several problems with SolidWorks.

The SolidWorks Resources menu is in English and you can't display the desired items by clicking on them, nothing happens.

When trying to choose a part in the tutorial, there is a script error: An Activex component cannot create an object.

The simulation doesn't work either, a grey page.

And not all add-ins show up in the add-in list.

I tried to completely uninstall solidworks and run an installation, always the same.

I have a network license, on win7 with an I7, 12 GB of memory and with an NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 750Ti.

Thank you in advance!

Hello

You can try to reset the configuration with my tutorial:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/reinitialiser-les-parametres-solidworks

Otherwise for ActiveX normally you can adjust this in the Internet Explorer settings.

Are all the drivers up to date?

Active X, direct X, graphics card etc....

1 Like

Hello

Have you ever tried a repair of the software?

Control Panel\All Control Panels\Programs and Features;

Solidworks then right-click and modify then repair the individual installation.

Do you have all the rights to your position?

Thank you for your answer.

I tried the reset and for activeX, I set the lowest level. Always the same.

Yes, the drivers are up to date.

I have already tried a complete reinstallation. First of all, I deleted the software by deleting the registers and folders.

And it's always the same.

On other machines it works normally.

Other workstations with exactly the same configuration?

Yes, I have all the rights.

No, these are different component positions.

Your card is not solidworks certified, it's a gaming card

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

http://www.nvidia.fr/object/geforce-gtx-750-ti-fr.html#pdpContent=2

Hello

These problems make me think of the microsoft hotfix which is causing problems, see the solution below from the SOLIDWORKS KB:

Solution Id:
S-069490        

Question:
After my installation or upgrade of SOLIDWORKS®, why are many SOLIDWORKS add-ins missing from my add-ins list?
 Keyword:

Answer:
If your upgrade or install was performed after July 15th, 2015 the most likely explanation is a known conflict caused by Microsoft® update KB 3072630 which was released on July 15th, 2015. This update makes changes to the Windows Installer. 

To address this problem, try the following steps with your IT department's assistance if required:

Standalone installs:
1.     Click 'Start', click 'Run', type "regedit" in the 'Open' box, and then click 'OK'.
2.     Locate and click the following subkey in the registry:   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
               Note: If this subkey does not exist, create it.
3.     In the 'Edi't menu, point to 'New', and then click 'DWORD Value'.
4.     For the DWORD name, type "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then press 'Enter'.
5.     Right-click "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then click 'Modify'.
6.     In the 'Value' data box, type 1, and then click 'OK'.
7.     Run a Repair of your SOLIDWORKS Installation (S-050527)
8.     After the application installs successfully, reset the 'RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy' DWORD value to "0" to re-enable the security fix for KB 3072630.

Administrative Image installs:
1.     Uninstall SOLIDWORKS from Programs and Features
2.     Click 'Start', click 'Run', type "regedit" in the 'Open' box, and then click 'OK'.
3.     Locate and click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
               Note: If this subkey does not exist, create it.
4.     In the 'Edit' menu, point to 'New', and then click 'DWORD Value'.
5.     For the DWORD name, type "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then press 'Enter'.
6.     Right-click "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then click 'Modify'.
7.     In the Value data box, type "1", and then click 'OK'.
8.     Install SOLIDWORKS from your Administrative Image
9.     After the application installs successfully, reset the RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy DWORD value to "0" to re-enable the security fix for KB 3072630.

You may utilize the attached RunBeforeRepair_disable_KB3072630.reg.txt and RunAfterRepair_enable_KB3072630.reg.txt (removing .TXT from the end and applying the reg keys this way)

SOLIDWORKS® Development and Tech Support are working diligently with Microsoft® toward a resolution

Additionally, please contact your VAR to submit a service request on your behalf to received updates for when SPR 902645 is implemented.

Have a nice day

Mick

1 Like