Display problem SW 2014 SP5

Hello

I am experiencing a display issue when I add subsets in an assembly. No matter the assembly and the subassembly, after inserting the work area freezes, it is impossible to bring it back and if I ever reduce the window, I end up with my wallpaper in the work area. Solidworks is then not crashed, I can use all the functions and even save. When I close SW, the process remains active in the task manager, I have to force it to stop.

Have you ever encountered this type of problem?

I have it on 2 stations, with different graphics cards (Firepro V7900 and Quadro M4000), all the stations on Win 7 64bit and the graphics card drivers up to date and certified (I also tried other drivers but still the same bug). I've had the problem for a very short time, maybe it's related to a windows update?

affichage.png

I forgot to specify, I also tried to repair the solidworks installation and it didn't do anything.

Also note that the stations are relatively recent, and one of the 2 has 32 giga of ram with a xeon e5-2637 v3, the other 12 giga of ram and a xeon too but a little older, so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

Hello

Have you checked the drivers of your card and done tests with solidwroks RX? here?

capture.jpg

No driver problem and solidworks Rx no problem either, see photo

rx.png

For me if it's not a graphics card problem, it could be a conflict with an installed software, it remains to be seen which one!

You can also try to disable Aero, even if Windows is less sexy:

2. To do this, click on the Start button and then on Control Panel

3. Click Appearance & Customization

4. Click Personalization . 

5. In the Basic and High-Contrast Themes list , click Windows 7 Basic

6. For an even lighter theme, click on classic Windows to find the Windows XP interface. 

7. To reactivate Aero, repeat the steps above and choose a theme from the Aero Themes section. 

http://www.pcastuces.com/pratique/astuces/2853.htm

Well, I won't know what else to tell you then.... Maybe a conflict indeed of hardware driver.

I'm personally in SP5 and never this kind of bug. I've had others but not this one yet:) I'll let you :)

Try updating all your drivers here:

http://www.driverscloud.com/fr

Otherwise a little shot of CCleaner also doesn't hurt.

Kind regards.

In my opinion it's the buffer memory that is blocking

too open of things in the background

plus it looks like you have several SW open at the same time in your toolbar at the bottom 

1SW open + 2 more pages open

so yes possible that it blocks via your request for graphics playback rate

And if you click on the SolidWorks tool bar what does it look like in theory and practice you should find your visual of your assembly since that's what appears to be open

@+ ;-)

Hello everyone and thank you for your answers.

Unfortunately I don't think it's a hardware problem, all my drivers are up to date and my station is 1 month old... I clean with CCleaner regularly.

Regarding the buffer and the number of open windows I don't think so either because it also does it to me with only 2 subsets of about 10 parts each. As I said I still have 32giga of ram and I'm very far from saturating them and my graphics card is an M4000 with 8giga in gddr5...

.PL I agree with you on the fact that it must be a software conflict, I followed your advice but it didn't work. I was able to do a test with a customer who doesn't have quite the same configurations as us in terms of station, same problem... I wonder if it can't come from the files if not but it's quite random...

I see that you have myCADservices support, send them a hotline request (called a ticket), and they may find the solution:

1 Like

You're totally right .PL, I'm going to do that, I'll let you know if my problem is solved, if it can help someone after me....