Problem with Realview and use of the patch

Hello@tous

Damned!       Realview doesn't work at home anymore either, even though it worked not so long ago, the fault of windows and SW.

I wanted to apply on the suggestions to @droger the fix recommended by Solidworks to optimize the performance of graphics cards: but  how to make the .msi run because windows freezes me.

I guess I have to go into Admin mode but I don't remember how to do it since I have to do this once all the Bishop deaths.

In addition

1. How to activate the .MSI   without using converters from the net source of piracy 
  2.  What about Windows Installer  (is it a certified Windows product crocq$soft)
  3.   To create administrative images from the command line, the .msi product component files are stored in these locations on the SOLIDWORKS media.
    The problem is that I can't find the full path of
     swwi\lang\english\french.msi
  4. especially where is let's say the SWWI\ from the root C:         (I can't find it with that idiot of a file manager vindoze or me who is a moron without any trick)

Kind regards

PS: I'm not in maintenance for the moment so no access to the hot line

Hello @Zozo_mp 

To run the .MSI you may need to unblock it by right-clicking/ properties/ Unblock

for the rest I didn't understand everything

Edit: while browsing the other topics I saw that it was the update of your graphics drivers.
When a graphics driver sucks, here's how I do it:
1- I download the correct driver from the official website of the graphics card manufacturer Nvidia or AMD
2- I download a utility called "Display Driver Unistaler" which allows you to properly remove the graphics drivers (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)
3- I put the files on the desktop and I unblock them.
4- I unravel the internet of the PC (very important because otherwise when restarting the PC windows will automatically install a graphics driver coming out of I don't know where)
5- I launch "Display Driver Unistaler" in my head I don't know the options and all the bazzar, but the PC will restart in safe mode to do the cleaning.
6- I reinstall the correct driver that I had copied on the desktop (because in 800x600 resolution it's a hassle to dig in the folders :-) )
7- I restart and then reconnect the internet,
 I hope I haven't forgotten anything because luckily I haven't done the manip for a long time,

debloquer.jpg

Hello @Pierre S

Thank you Pierre
It's not so much the driver that bothers me because it's installed by Nvidia but it's the .MSI of the SW patch.

The patch readapts SW to the Windows changes. Programmers write in a certain way until the day the routine or other call to Windows no longer works. All the computer scientists in the world spend their time making their apps compatible with others. ;-)

Kind regards

Hello @ all and @ All

The problem was solved as follows (I take this opportunity to thank the people who helped me ;-)        )

1) Setting the virtual memory by indicating 2 times the physical RAM installed (for example, for 16GB of RAM, value to 32768 (16*2*1024)

2) Deleting the card in the device manager by asking to remove the driver

3) Cleaning the graphics driver using the DDU      software (cleans all the cumulative drivers plus the unnecessary ones  from NVidia    (useless for SW)

4) Reinstalling the NVIDIA R440 U4 graphics driver --> www.nvidia.fr/download/ driverResults.aspx/155899/fr (for versions prior to or equal to SolidWorks 2020)       

5) Setting the maximum power of the graphics card at the power supply level

6) Installing the SW2019_GraphicsCards_Support package.msi       You have to go into Admin mode and unlock  it
WARNING: this patch is only valid for the 2019 version, load the voucher at Solidworks.   https://www.solidworks.com/fr/support/hardware-certification/

Kind regards

1 Like