Display problem with PhotoView

When I want to view a part or assembly with PhotoView, the phtoView window does not open.

I don't have the RealView graphics icon anymore

1 Like

You have NOT or you have NO MORE?

An update of the graphics card is necessary, right?

What is your graphics card? and which version of Solidworks?

In the "Tools/Add-ons" tab, check the photoview box in the "start" column.

Restart or not Solidworks and add the "rendering tools" tab

1 Like

GeForce 750M graphics card

SW 2014 Version

update of the card driver done, the problem is the same

Have you tried what @Bart says?

"In the "Tools/Add-ons" tab, check the photoview box in the "start" column.

Restart or not Solidworks and add the "rendering tools" tab"

1 Like

so to put it in order not to have had a quadro driver on a machine that has FX card

Then it is better to check that everything is launched as Bart says; and reinstalled the drivers having deleted everything from the old ones (be careful it's written in small left the checkbox to clean everything)

2 Likes

It's sure that it's a driver's pb.

What have you changed since this problem?

Delete the old drivers and leave only the new ones. And the vouchers of preference =)

I installed the anti virus from Orange, but it always worked afterwards. I also installed it the same day on my landline where I don't have this problem.

one thing I forgot to tell you, when I launch PhotoView, SolidWorks no longer responds

Solidworks is not responding or is waiting for the launch of the photoview module? Is it that if the antivirals are deactivated, does it work?

After deactivating the anti-virus, Photoview only launches for a very brief moment and closes, but SW continues to work normally.

Is this version of sw?  edit: I had quickly moved on to the version already mentioned.

because I've had the same BP for about 1 month with SW13.

The photoview window opens/closes. But nothing after that. Except sw which is skating.. uh pretends to work actually.

it's the SW 2014 SP.01 version

I started a repair following the procedure described in the help, it was done entirely, but the problem is still there. From my observations, it seems that it is the link between SW and Photoview that has disappeared.

What is your complete configuration?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall everything cleanly?

no because I have several versions of SW on the PC and I don't want to break everything.

So be careful with the multi version because depending on the order of installation some link is modified even if you install in separate folders. I'm talking about this because on my job I have 2013 2014 2015... and I had to remove 2012 because it caused problems

I don't think it comes from the multiversion, because it worked very well for several months.

I don't think it comes from the multiversion, because it worked very well for several months.

Thank you to everyone who helped me.

In fact I uninstalled the SW2014 version which was causing me problems; and I re-installed it.

I couldn't identify where the problem came from.

My question can be closed.