Display problem in Inventor 2013

I installed the Inventor pro 2013 suite on a new laptop (Dell Precision M4700) with an Nvidia Quatro K1000M graphics card. I encounter display problems when I open a 2D drawing (in dwg), a big slowness and disappearance of the creation tree of the 3D part, as if Inventor was half planted. I am in contact with my Autodesk salesperson who cannot find the solution at the moment. Has anyone encountered this kind of problem and does they have a solution?

Hello Bernard,

The K1000M graphics card seems a bit weak to me. It's almost an entry into the game (in fact, low mid-range).

http://www.nvidia.fr/object/quadro-workstation-graphics-fr.html

Not to mention going into a 5000 series, a 4000  series is more suitable for use on CAD software, no matter which one.

But maybe you could gain in performance if the driver of the card was not up to date. Can you give us the driver version of the board?

Hello Bernard,

First of all, you have made a good choice because your station is equipped with a professional graphics card (Open GL). However, the problems you describe seems very graphically oriented.

For software such as Inventor or other CAD software, which requires a lot of graphics resources, it is recommended to use superior graphics cards such as the Nvidia Quadro K3000M with 2 GB of memory.

Having already acquired the station, I would advise you, as lynkoa.c.manager said before, to change your graphics driver to the one that Autodesk Inventor or Nvidia could recommend. After a quick search on the Nvidia website , here is the driver I was able to find:

276.42 -

Supported OS: Win7_64

Supported Graphics Cards: 1000M, 2000M, 3000M, 4000M and 5010M

OEM: 8460w M3900, HP 8760w M5950

If you want to perform this test and uninstall the antivirus, you should know that this is not a trivial operation, which is why if you are in a company, I would recommend that you contact your IT department if you have one.

There is a group on Lynkoa on which we can share our experiences on the equipment used.

Mathieu
1 Like

Thank you for these answers. We tried several versions of Autodesk-approved drivers. The version in place at the moment is 315.35. However, the symptoms are always the same regardless of the driver installed. So I doubt that's the problem.

The card may lack performance, but the 3D display works very well, while it drains resources.

There are 2 of us in the company, so no IT department. I am in contact with a pro and with an engineer from my Autodesk reseller. It seems to me that this should be enough.

Ok, so we move the driver away from the card...

to search on the internet in US forums to try to find causes for this problem, I found nothing except similar symptoms on 3ds max, but without any answer.

Let's put the graphics card aside...

Have you tried to open it on another dwg software or viewer in order to have a comparison?

Can you make the DWG available to us so that we can try to open it on a different viewer?

Even if the hardware configuration is different, it can give indications.

Hello Bernard,

The only solution you have is to play with the graphics card drivers. Indeed, the result can be completely different from one version to another. Be careful, this does not mean that the superior driver in version is necessarily better than the previous one. It's all about finding the one that goes with your app and how you use the software.

The other solution is to call on your publisher.

Hello Bernard,

Your hardware is a laptop. The K1000 graphics card is a standard on the market. However, I don't advise you to take the drivers of the board manufacturer but that of the machine assembler or the software publisher.

The world of the "portable" is a world apart.

Hello

Even if I think you've already been to see in the application options, there's a drawing tab (see .jpg).

with the capacity/performance tab to see.

Kind regards

Bastien

sans_titre.jpg

Hello

Stupid questions:

- Is your version up to date with all service packs?

- Are you opening the pan from the HDD or from a network location?

- What is the version of the plan? Inventor 2013 or earlier? In this case, did the migration take place?

- When you open the 3D part of the plan concerned, does it slow as much? Are there any error messages?