Display Problem

Hello, I have a small display problem which is relatively annoying when it fills the entire screen as in the attached screenshot.

This can be done to me randomly (for example, it's when I constrain pieces together). From the moment I rotate the 3D I'm screwed, I have to close everything...

I'm on SW2018

My equipment is SW certified and the drivers are up to date. 

Has anyone ever seen this? 

Thanks in advance 

bug_affichage_sw.png

complete config and exploit system pc please

It looks like a graphics card that doesn't do its job

and maybe also a lack of ram

@+

4 Likes

@ Elise C.

I vote for the GPU while waiting for the rest of the info on the hardware configuration.

Because if the card is certified it must work so the RAM problem is holding the string: but as we have no info on the size of the file so we can't say anything ;-)

For the rotation do you have a 3D mouse like 3D connection.

If you post your ASM or your part I can tell you if it works on my computer.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello! Thank you for your answers. 

Here is the configuration of my PC:

Dell Precisoon 3420

Processor: Intel core i5-6600 CPU @3.30Ghz 

8 GB RAM

With Windows 7

I work with a WACON INTUOS tablet

What about the graphics card?

c the Intel HD 530 proc card

If that's the case, it's likely that on the big assemblies it lags a bit in rotation 

in addition the cpu has a weak memory cache

@+

1 Like

The graphics card is an AMD FirePro W2100 

Hello, same problem encountered with an AMD WX 7100 under Win10. The change of driver (3 certified available) did not change anything. Apparently known bug at AMD.

The solution:  re-install SolidWorks! With the right graphics card driver installed.

Since then, this problem has disappeared.

2 Likes

Hello;

I confirm this problem on AMD 7100 cards.

moreover the DELL tower+AMD configurations seem to have disappeared from solidworks (check drivers cards).

The updates didn't solve anything. Before performing a re-installation of Solidworks, I enabled OPENGL support in the options; then deactivated it a few hours later (after several solidworks closures and openings)... This seems to have solved the problem (probably temporarily) but for now no more graphical bugs in the last three weeks...

Kind regards.