Bend Alignment Problem

Hi all.

First of all, Happy New Year to all! =) My best wishes for this year 2017.

I have a small problem on a sheet metal part. It's a slanted bib on which I have to add fixing tabs.

The problem is that I can't get my paws parallel to my bib.

Do you have an idea of why and how?

help_me.sldprt

Here's the problem in a visual way.

You can see that I don't have the same distance from one end to the other.

I think it's a problem with the layout of this sheet metal base but I'm not sure...

patte_fixation.jpg

Take the Evaluate tool and look at the odds 

or lays a line in a constrained sketch

which will allow you to put your bibs

@+

I would have liked to take a look, unfortunately I stopped at the SW2015 version. I can't open the file:( Sorry.

Similarly, I would have looked at it but I have the 2014 version ... Maybe a problem of parallelism of your reference plan.

Thin... it will save my life.... :/

I don't understand, I put my plans well etc... sniff it's urgent on top of that...

Show us views

_de below

_right

_ left

+ an ISO view

Visually it is clear that you are not parallel (the red crosses)

if you unfold on the bottom pieces your x pieces (spring clamps)?

via the folding lines you must see that there is a non-perpendicularity of all the folds

well it's the visual effect it gives ;-(

@+

2 Likes

Since the fold of the "folded bottom sheet 4" is not parallel, it's normal that you get this result.

I don't know if it's possible but your swiped 16 fold would have to be linked to the flat (the one in blue on the attached screenshot).

All this if I understood the problem correctly

presse-papiers-1.jpg

Attached is Bart's piece connverti en partasolid

help_me.x_t
1 Like

Hello

not great time to look  at it but as you are on 2 slopes  it is impossible to do it in 1 time.  It should be done in 2 steps.

May the force be with you

Thank you for your answers. =)

Stef, I created a plane offset by 1mm in relation to this blue side.

I also saw a plane perpendicular to the bias of the bib on the front, everything works, you can see that the folds follow the part well.

But if you look at the back, this fold goes .....

GrRrRrR ^^

The problem comes from plan 3, but I don't manage to place it well... :/

Create sketch lines to  place the plan

@+

Hello guys,

Why not make an assembly  with all the parts rather than working with a multi-body... It's much too restrictive for my taste. The assembly works well, you put your centerpiece then you create parts a little bit as you need them then you adapt in the ASM or you create your parts right away and save them afterwards... As I said, that's my way of doing things.

1 Like

Hello 

See attached doc

may the force be with you.

tolerie.docx
1 Like

Well, in fact it was just a problem of logic^^

Since the piece has a slope and is cut at an angle, the legs could not be made with this function.

So I re-desiccated the legs one by one.

1 Like

and yes @ Bart

I seem to have told you 4 days ago see the thread of the post.................; -)

being non-parallel your folds cannot be perpendicular

good journee.....@+ ;-)