Database problem

Hello

Has anyone ever had this?

Error accessing the following database:

But nothing behind it

I uninstalled the 2014 beta 5 days ago and this problem has been there since yesterday..... Could it be possible that this is related?

erreur_sldw.png

Hello SEPM. Gerald,

When installing SW2014, did you pay attention not to update the drilling and toolbox support database ?

After this problem do you have access to assistance for drilling?

See you...

1 Like

there is a great chance that you have installed and uninstalled the SW2014 version

you may have updated your databases in auto so storage and language #

which means that on SW2013 he no longer finds his cubs since

that they are now in 2014 version

That's my first thought

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello rmorel

Yes yet I didn't touch my database, and I even created a specific folder name like solidworks 2014 and not solidworks (3) as with each version it upgrades

But you confirm my fear with this remark

Just try to open a 2013 file with SW 2013 with drilling support.

If this is the case you will get the message "The database for drilling support / Toolbox is not the expected version: future version".

even if you don't get anything like

it's the same name on the same philosophy of operation

and that he finds the existing sub-folders in the car and updates them

you are very lucky who converted everything in 2014 :'-(,

as rmorel says, try to take back the tools (one part) that you opened to try the SW 2014 version  

you won't be able to open it in SW 2013

@+ ;-)

1 Like

@rmorel

No no worries on a 2013 part and I can drill it with the assistant

on the other hand it brings me close to a set or something like that because this message does not appear in another folder that I have not opened for more than a month

it only does it on the assembly, if I open the parts separately no worries

Gerald => bug creation pro

when did you uninstall the SW 2014 version

after having done your uninstallation, close everything

turn off your PC and turn it back on

maybe he will find his little ones

or take back your pc at a later date where SW 2014 was not installed

@+ ;-)

One more step it makes me like the question I asked before and where we take the little software in solidworks/toolbox to change the properties

I tried but I went a notch above "it doesn't work"

err_base_de_don.png

@gt22

The recovery has a windows restore point?

NO "va deretro satanas" the last time I did it nothing worked anymore and it ended up in format c: 

I don't play that, I'm going to look for something else, even if it means reinstalling 2013.

Hello

Your database was probably converted to SW2014 when you opened your file. So I think that to go back it will be complicated and I fear that we will have to reinstall SW2014 to work properly on this file.

Thomas

You say you're the pro at creating bugs!

Look at this link

http://forum.solidagora.com/erreur-bizarre-solidworks-t1284.html

believe me SolidWorks does it alone and without any worries  ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

@+ ;-)

1 Like

@gt22

The recovery has a windows restore point?

NO "va deretro satanas" the last time I did it nothing worked anymore and it ended up in format c: 

I don't play that, I'm going to look for something else, even if it means reinstalling 2013.

Personally, I've never had this problem via the Windaub restore point

Aren't you limited in storage?

@+ 

@ Tomalam

I uninstalled everything and I can work on the file in 2013

I think it's this story where the assembly takes me out of the parts in the toolbox when it's part ceer

@gt22

I have a dedicated disc of 2Tera occupied at 50% for the restoration so I don't think it's a problem

Obviously the error message concerns the access base which is used by the toolbox and the drilling assistant.

I think your installation was done correctly otherwise it would be impossible to make drillings, which obviously is not your case.

From what I understood the problem is solved since you reinstalled solidworks, so I think it was a corruption of the swbrowser.mdb or holewizardfavorite.mdb file, after what damaged one of these files it's hard to say.

1 Like

If you want to know a little more about databases, you will find even more advanced training and tutorials on databases.

1 Like