Problem of dimensions becoming SW2013

Good evening

A colleague has this problem:

When he creates a sketch and dimensions it, the dimensions are driven by default.

It is with the SolidWorks 2013 SP2.0 Education release.

Is there anything wrong with the options?

Thank you

Alan

pilotee_cote.jpg

Hello

All the odds appear to be piloted? Normally it's just in the case of over-constrained dimensions.

In the options of the system/sketch/set driven by default.

Otherwise you may have to reset the options or reset the options with "copy setting wizard" to see if it changes anything.

OPP

Hello

On all these sketches?

If it starts on a new file and it creates a new sketch, does that do it too?

@+

1 Like

oiep -> for Options/sketch/set driven by default, it's if the sketch is overstressed and then it's as if all the sketches are overstressed all the time.

Coyote-> Yes, even if you're doing a new piece. In fact, we make the sketch and we dimension it: no controlled dimensions. We register and close. We reopen the room and they are put on the pilot! They appear grayed out when you are drawing.

I think that if you validate the dimensions on the sketches they will remain black

@+

gt22 -> The dimensions on the sketches are entered and validated each time.

And if he right-clicks on the dimension to put it back in unmanned, does it go back to piloted when closing/opening?

OPP

maybe because you're a student version no net rating on the drawings

and if you uncheck the piloted option

maybe on the gene config the option on the driver side has been taken

@+ ;-)

You can uncheck the "piloted" option from the rating. But we have to do it one by one. That is to say, after modeling a part with 50 dimensions for all the sketches, you then have to reopen each sketch and modify the dimensions one after the other to put them back in control and use them as such in the MEP

why don't you quote directly in the MEP?

The problem is that the teacher who has this problem makes his students rate with Objects of the Model. And he ends up with piloted dimensions in his MEP. So he has to reopen all his parts to remove the option on a side driven side by side option.

It may be a bug in this SW2013 Education (SP2) release.

Re

Is the room in question or a new one problematic if it is open to another workstation, yours for example?

@+

1 Like

Hello

Wouldn't you have just activated that?

See red circle

A+

S4KUj0

cote_pilotee.jpg
2 Likes

That's possible..............

This function no longer exists in 2013 in the industry version  . (actually it is!! add after checking)

I didn't remember that the 2013 educ correcpond to a 2012 industry....

Well seen@s4kuj0

@+

1 Like

It's funny, I don't have this icon!!

Whether the rating is controlled or not ...

See attached what I have.

pb_cotes_pilotees_par_defaut.jpg

This option appears when you select what you want to do.

Select the line, rectangle, circle, or other tools and right-click before drawing.

The icon appears as I put it in the printscreen.

A+

3 Likes

In addition to S4KUj0 's answer, this icon only appears when on-screen numeric input is enabled

1 Like

Many thanks to s4kuj0!

That's right.

Thanks also to gfache for his answer