Problem of untimely fusion of welded elements in a part

Hello

I make parts that are split and then transformed into welded elements (to obtain a visualization cube and a flow sheet).

My problem arises when I try to add a recessed piece in my elements (grooved furniture bottom: creation of the groove by removing material in the sides and crossbars then creation of the bottom).

There, the fractional elements form only one element when the bottom is inserted into the groove whereas if I shift the extrusion function of the bottom out of my furniture I have 5 distinct elements.

I have escaped this problem on some parts by creating the background on the back of the furniture and then editing the parameters of its extrusion.

Thanks in advance

An image or example to fully understand and illustrate the problem?

1 Like

@vincent.slb 

I would like to hear more from @sbadenis ;-)

To avoid this, make sure to leave a mini game 1/10  of a millimeter or less for example

so that no piece touches each other 

and all of them are independent

@+

OK

I also managed to reproduce the addition of the background without play by going through a first creation in applique and then moving it into a groove.

I don't understand the difference but it works...

The "mechanically welded" function must be created before making the bottom. In principle, the "mechanically welded" function deactivates fusion by default.