Bonding Problem for Solidworks Static Simulation

Hello

I have a bar on two legs that rests on the ground and I try to find the maximum stress and the maximum displacement of the loaded bar (deformation of the feet).

See this photo to understand the shape of the feet:

My problem is the feet deform this way (see photo deformed feet below) when theoretically, they should only deform in one direction and not with two different curvatures. My hypothesis is that it always keeps the same tangiance on the ground during the deformation instead of "rolling" on the ground.

For more precision, all the parts are connected by the contact of the feet on the ground, which are contacts between components without penetration (see photo)

Thank you for your help!!!

yoann

Hello

We don't see very well in the blue zone. You would have to have a front view to compare, because with your image before simulatin you can't see the inclinations between the support and the rest, so it's difficult to determine if the result is not correct.

This is the desired image:)

1 Like

Hello

Is it possible for you to pass the files to us or not?

Have you tried keeping only the flat supports and deactivating the contact without penetration?

@+

Edit: another solution: remove your floor and put a virtual wall contact on your feet

1 Like

Surprising this horizontal shift despite the fixed constraint. The other part (out of the picture) is symmetrical?

Hello

A bit in the idea of Coyote, why not remove the floor and represent the foot in wireframe (beam)?

Then you just have to block the line in "contact" with the ground on the 3 translations only to release the rotation of the foot.

If you have a symmetrical foot, block only the vertical and perpendicular translations to the beam to allow them to move apart.

1 Like