Drawing problem

On Solidworks, how do you draw a cubic part where none of the faces are parallel to the original planes in the assembly?

Or how do I use the surfaces of my part as drawing references?

2 Likes

Hello

There are several possibilities.

Either you redefine your front view in the 3D: position your 3D correctly so that on the screen, the orientation corresponds to what you want, which becomes the FACE view. Press the spacebar, then the 3rd icon "Update Standard Views and select the "FACE" button and finally click "yes". In 2D, you'll have consistent views.

Either you also orient your 3D to be "FACE" and when inserting the view into the 2D, you select the "In Progress" view.

Or, insert an isometric view first, then Insert/Drawing Views/Relative to Model. From there, you can define what you consider to be frontal, top, right,...

3 Likes

Hello.

Once your drawing is open, you go to Insert->Layout View->Model-Related:

See attached image.

friendly.

2.png
5 Likes

The easiest for me:

In the 3D view of the room. Select the reference face you want and click on "Normal to..." ". Then tap on your "spacebar" and select "New View" and name it (V1 for example).

Then in your drawing, you have to create a view of some kind. Select this view and in the PropertyManager panel choose the name of the view you previously created (V1).

There you go.

3 Likes