Very regular crashing problem since my switch to 2021 SP5.1

Hello

I recently switched to SP5.1, and I have big problems with a large assembly. I have very long rebuilds and model opening times.

I checked my graphics configuration against the software version and updated it.

I don't really know what action I can do to improve. I was before in 2020 SP5 and I didn't have all these problems. 

Do you have any ideas to have an optimal configuration to see if it comes from that?

In addition, I did the windows update during the week which switched me to W10 version 21H2. Is there a compatibility bug between solid and this version of Windows?

Did you start from your old SW profile or a new one?

Starting from an old profile from a previous version often creates this type of problem.

To test you can reset your factory profile to see if it improves the opening and rebuild times.

https://www.lynkoa.com/sites/default/files/questions/answer/07/09/2015/reinitialiser_les_parametres_de_solidworks.pdf

If so, you just have to redo your profile with a hando...

If not digging on the side of windows or other.

Otherwise you also have to convert your files to the new version so that it doesn't waste time each time it opens. (case in progress + library...)

1 Like

Hello

2021 seems to me to be a bit less efficient than 2020. Beyond that, you have to look in the GDI objects (registry) because Windows 10 settings are not optimized for SW.

2 Likes

[HS On]

In any case, it crashes even more often!

This on the parts whereas before it was mainly on ASMs not even big

The graphics optimization doesn't work so I disabled it (but for this point it's not fatal Adèle)

[HS /Off]