Project problem in Inventor

Hello

I changed the structure of my project file in Inventor so that all my sites are in the same project and today I have to work on a new site that complements an old one (which was not yet part of this new structure).

I tried to make a ready-to-take from this old site to the new project file, but the model obtained contains many errors (assembly of some 5000 parts and other piping).

What other solution would I have to integrate the old assembly into this new project?

Hello

Why not use a simple cut and paste, well I don't know if you use the safe but sometimes the simplest and most effective solution.

Kind regards

Bastien

1 Like

I just tried copy-paste with a lot of hope, but unfortunately, it doesn't work: the model looks for the insertion of parts into the assembly from the original path. Given the number of rooms, it's difficult to re-assign a new path for each one. Thank you all the same.

Yours sincerely.

Hello

Difficult to answer not knowing your tree structure in question but have you thought of using the ready-to-go ptions to compact everything in the same working folder.

Then archiving in Vault and moving to Vault in the corresponding folders...

I don't really see any other solution except to fix the links by hand...

1 Like

Hello

Have you tried the ready-to-go from your final assembly.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Takeout has a lot of mistakes, and I've tried the cloud, but it doesn't work either.

I'm going to try to create a parasolid, too bad if I lose appearances and materials: I don't really want to retie all the ties by hand....

the *.step would perhaps be more appropriate because it would allow to keep the appearances but not the cons...

To try to help you, what are the mistakes of takeaway?

1 Like

I preferred parasolid because with a step file, you lose the names of the parts in the assembly. So I take all the appearances and all the textures, it's a lesser evil.

So my problem is solved :-)

In the ready-to-go, the problems were multiple: the metal frame inserted in the assembly was found anywhere, the same for my pipes (panoplies made with piping), etc...

Thank you all for your help.