Display quality issue in drawing

Hello

I just installed SW 2014, and when I draw a round tube...

well he is represented with "facets".

I can't find the command anymore so that it appears without the veneers...

Thank you all in advance

Cdt

Eric

Hello

Go to Tools/Options/Document Properties/Image Quality.

Check the value of the "Deviation" and check the option "Optimize length..." "

You should have a better rendering.

6 Likes

Here is a screenshot of the settings I have ... I think it should be much better, under SW2013 I had a real circle...

capture.png

If this solves your problem, you will have to re-register your drawing templates (drwdot). This configuration is stored there, not in your personal settings.

3 Likes

See your graphics card driver if it's optimized for SW 2014

Get the drivers from solidworks driver

In addition to @ Benoit's answer

2 Likes

In addition, the help section:

Wired Image Resolution and High Quality LCS/LCA

Controls the image quality of model edges in drawings. When the LCS/LCA Draft Quality bsp ;   is turned off, the Wireframe settings control the Removed Hidden Lines, Apparent  Hidden Lines, andWireframe views. 

Low - High (slower). Improves image quality. Set the slider to Low if you want to redraw the image faster without giving importance to the display quality; hover the slider to High (slower) for high display quality, but slower regeneration.

If you notice any problems with the display of an LCS image, move the slider to the right.

Accurate rendering of overlapping geometric elements (better quality, but slower). Applies to drawing documents only. When a drawing contains many small intersections, disable this option to improve performance.

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_OPTIONS_IMAGE_QUALITY.htm

1 Like

See also anti-aliasing options:

Anti-aliasing

Determines the level of antialiasing to apply to models in the graphics area. Anti-aliasing smooths out jagged edges, making the image look more realistic.

When one or more documents are opened, some antialiasing options can be disabled. All anti-aliasing options are disabled in the Complex Assembly mode.
NoDisables antialiasing.
Anti-aliased edges/sketchesSmooths jagged edges in Edges modes in Shaded ImageWireframe, Hidden Lines Removed , and Hidden Lines Apparent. Example : Displaying Anti-Aliasing Edges
Anti-aliasing of the entire sceneAvailable if your video card supports anti-aliasing of the entire scene and meets the stability criteria. You need to set the anti-aliasing settings in the graphics card's control panel so that the application is in control. Applies anti-aliasing to the entire graphics area for parts, assemblies, and drawings.
Close all SolidWorks documents before enabling or disabling anti-aliasing for the entire scene. Restart the SolidWorks software to take into account the anti-aliasing of the entire scene.

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_OPTIONS_EDGES.htm

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Anti_Alias_Edge_Example.htm

1 Like

In fact my problem was not with my drawing, but with my part file. You have to uncheck the command "save the facélisation with the document of the part"... Tools/Options/Document Property/ Image Quality, see attached file.

Thank you @ all.

capture1.png
2 Likes

The size of your room is also important

If by default you are in definition in M and you are diameter in 1/10 of MM. 

You can also find yourself with this type of trait

This is a recurring problem for watchmakers

The facetization was indeed indicated in the first link I posted.

1 Like