Auto-save issue

Hello

I have a problem about the automatic save, I have this error message that appears:

I have already tried to change the chemain of the file where it would be made but nothing helps.

Thank you for your answers & Have a nice day

Hello

Normally, this message is displayed when you log in to Solidworks for a second time. Check in the active processes if there are not two times Solidworks.exe in which case kill the process.

7 Likes

+1 @ Cyril.f

you have several SW sessions open it's said in the text ;-)

@+;-)

3 Likes

Precisely while reading the text, I had already looked several times if I didn't have 2 sessions open it's not the case:

+1 with the others.

This usually happens after a SW crash.

I sometimes saw this in 2014 version when I closed SW.

The game was no longer on the screen but the process was still running.

you have to look in the process tab and not applications ;-)

1 Like

The problem is that it does it to me all the time, even in the morning when my computer starts.

And as you can see in my task manager, I have nothing.

Have you tried to do an X-ray?

Hello

In my opinion, you don't have write rights in the folder defined for the SOLIDWORKS log file. (See attached screenshot)

You can change the key with a double click, but still be careful not to mess up in the registry editor.

Have a nice day

Mick

journalfolder.png
2 Likes

Hello

I agree with my colleagues. Share your post with another user??? If so, maybe this one left Solidworks open with the same project...

2 Likes

@ AC Cobra 427:

The SW process is tied to the user, not to the job.

I have sometimes left my pc with a colleague to open another session and we have never had this message in this configuration.

2 Likes