Mouse problem under draftsight

I've been using Draftsight for some time to prepare some personal DIYfts

Recently, I upgraded to the latest version of Ubuntu, and I took the opportunity to install the free version of Draftsight 2015.

Since then, I've had a lot of difficulty using the mouse: when I scroll it in the drawing area, the pointer movement is jerky and uncontrollable.

This problem is not permanent, but when I can use the mouse it is not as smooth as before.

Can you help me and give me the procedure to follow to remedy this problem?

Hello

I had the same problem and I noticed that it was related to my file that I opened which was "corrupted"

I uninstalled reinstalled always the same thing

To "develop" the file, you have to change the drawing. Otherwise there is also the draft version used, if it is an old version I strongly recommend an upgrade, at least if the windows is compatible.

While looking for information on the net, the problem of stuttering mouse often came from the graphics card driver which was no longer up-to-date, I reinstalled the latest driver, and deleted the old versions, and everything went back to normal.

probably an error from the Ubuntu upgrade, which does not reinstall the new driver

2 Likes

I thought the problem was solved, but the pointer in the graphics area slowed down more and more,

I reinstalled ubuntu 14.04 LTS reinserted draftsight free version, changed the drawing, nothing helps.

Deterioration of the subject

for a year I had abandoned the use of Draftsight.

Having tried other software, I was not satisfied with how to use it and how it worked.

I needed drafsight to make some complicated asez plans, and I desperately searched for a solution to the problem, reported it to Draftsight, without any response, and I happened to find a hack that is not ideal, but allows me to use drafsight.:

Before launching Draftsight, just unplug the mouse, once the program is running, plug the mouse back in, and there:

It's working!!!!

Theonly thing that doesn't work anymore is zooming in with the mouse wheel, but you can zoom in with the command bar, or the touchpad

1 Like

Thank you Cyclocahine for this find. I just tested it and it's great