Transparency problem

Hi all. On Solidworks 2014, I find myself with a part in transparency, while on the assembly everything is ok. I've been scouring Google for 2 hours without finding the solution, except for newer Solidworks versions with more options. Thank you

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

Hello

2014 goes back a little far in my memory...

In your part file, click here:

This opens up a series of columns with all the options for displaying the different volumes or multiple bodies...

Then simply click on the transparency icon and the room becomes "normal" again.

I'm on 2022 but from memory, this management of appearances  hasn't changed much.

Kind regards.

3 Likes

Thank you a.eriaud.

None of this in my columns. What's weird is that when viewed from above, the room is normal, except in one place. The specified location is visible in the screenshot image5.

Seen from below, it is transparent, except for certain parts of the straight uprights. But there is no indication in the columns.

2nd weird point, on the assembly, everything is ok...

image4.jpg
image5.jpg
image6.jpg

Hello

Ok, I see a little better what needs to happen.

There must be a transparent side and not the entire volume, my first answer was about the action on volumes.

I think I have reproduced your problem:

One side of my sheet metal is transparent but not the rest.

Go to the little ball in the FeatureManager, pull down the name of the appearance and delete the ones applied to the faces.

I'm not saying it's the solution, but we have to get closer...

Kind regards.

P.S.: regarding assembly, an appearance can be different between the part alone and its representation in the assembly and vice versa.

1 Like

Hello:)

In your room,
You can try to do a Shift + Right Click on a transparent surface
Then select "Change transparency"

2 Likes

Thank you both. The solution of à.eriaud seems to be the right one. Excellent weekend in...