Problem of sketching on a plan

Hi all

Brand new here, first post for me.. I looked at the last few posts, and tried to look for a solution to my problem. Nothing concrete was found! 

In fact I am looking for how to do a material removal on two different planes (attached is an explanatory photo.. N°1 and 2) .. I more or less managed to do it on one of the spokes of the rim, but the inclination doesn't suit me. And honestly, I spent an hour to manage to make a semblance of a plan, without even really knowing how to do it. In addition, I have to do a rotary repetition on the 5 branches. And there again it doesn't work. 

In addition, I would like to understand why, when I do for extrusion of the outline, it leaves me the "Thin Function" box checked, and impossible to uncheck it. So I find myself with the inside cut out. Something I don't want (attached is an explanatory photo. N°3)

Thanks in advance for the help.  

capture_decran_2020-12-05_131440.jpg

Hello

Pros 1 and 2: From what I understand, there is no need for additional plans. All you have to do is make the sketch on the same plane as the A-A section of the shape of 1 and 2, then make a cut with the "middle plane" option and the width of the branch as a dimension.

For 3: a density body cannot contain geometry of zero thickness. So either cut  the body into 2 distinct bodies with, for example, a removal of material per surface. Or enter a minimum nuscule thickness value such as 0.00000001mm.

2 Likes

Hello

I hope @JeromeP's explanation was okay with you! Otherwise post your piece specifying the SW version you have!

Kind regards

Good evening 

So for the 1 and 2 I more or less understood the explanation. Despite everything I understood the principle, basically I would have to sketch the shape on the plan A-A and remove material of the agreed width on each side. Except that.. The surface to be removed is not regular since I want to have a rounded shape around the hole. 

For the 3, I didn't understand the explanation of why once the shape was created entirely. and making a boss around an axis made me this shape internally. My sketch is tightly closed, and should form all around an axis . At least that's what I thought. 

I attach the file (SW2020)

Thank you in advance. 

Kind regards.

japan_racing_jr25.sldprt

It's clearer with the play.

For 3: Redo the revolution by selecting the sketch in the tree, because indeed if it is created by selecting the outline, it makes a thin function.

For 1 and 2: see 2 possibilities attached

japan_racing_jr25.zip
2 Likes