Problem 3D printing a file created by SW

Hi, I'm trying to create a label with embossed text in SW to 3D print.

Once the object is created, I save it in STL. I then import it into Cura and there the label appears with the text in relief. The problem is that when I look at layer by layer, the text disappears.

Anyone have a solution?

Thank you

Post your native file and the STL

@+

Here are the files

label_j603-dot_2_s.sldprt

I forgot the STL

label_j603-dot_2_s.stl

Hello Aligators427,

It is quite possible that your problem comes from the thin relief of your text. If I measure the thickness of one of your letters, I find a value of 0.31mm.

In the majority of cases, conventional printers use 0.4mm nozzles. If I try to slice this part with a "standard" nozzle configuration at 0.4mm, the slicer may ignore your text knowing that it is thinner than the minimum nozzle width.

Can you check? If my guess is correct, you should try to choose a font with "bigger" characters or simply make the characters of your font bold. The width of the stroke of your font must be at least equal to the size of your nozzle. That should solve your problem.

Regards.

Steve

5 Likes

Thank you very much steve.gelin_1.

Indeed, the problem was due to the thickness of the letters. I thought that the problem was with the software and in fact it was between my chair and my keyboard.

Anyway, it's great that you found the solution and thank you again.

2 Likes