Problem registration. STEP with solidworks 2019

Hello, everyone.

I'll explain my problem,

I have to record a big assembly in . STEP file to send it to a client but, when I start the SolidWorks record freezes completely and nothing happens and after a while SolidWorks closes and the STEP file is not created.

If anyone knows where the problem can come from and they know the solution, I'm all for it.

Looking forward to your answers.

Hello

I also have the problem a few times, I save it as a room and then I open it and save the room as a step.

2 Likes

Good evening

The solution of @ac cobra (which I salute for the occasion) is logical and easily understood.

Step is a piece format while ASM is a multitude of parts.

The format for converting to obtain a WWTP does not include the link to be made between different parts - a bit like a multi-body part and  therefore miserably stuffed.

Note: if it's only to pass on to your customer you have in addition to the Cobra @ac solution, that of Edrawing. It's a file that through an exe is readable directly by your client.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Good evening

If it's for a silhouette, I usually provide the customer with a light assembly version  in part and step file

I simplify  the assembly by removing all the screws, all  the parts not visible from  the outside. I remove the stickers.  I simplify the parts with many  stops if necessary.

I launch a  conversion to prt   first , import option of all the selected components, and  then from the prt I run a step.

Cdlt

Julia 

1 Like