Problem Equations Impossible to Validate - solidworks 2015

Hello

Having installed Solidworks 2015 Premium today, everything works fine but impossible to create equations. 

For example, if in a sketch I want to render one dimension = to another, I can write the "formula" but I can't validate (nothing happens when I press validate).

I have seen that the subject has already been discussed but without any real solution.

Do you have any ideas? Is it possible that this is a problem with VBA?

Thanks in advance 

Hello

Does the problem you are experiencing exist in the SolidWorks Equations module, or only when entering a sketch dimension?
Are you sure of the syntax of your "formula"? A screenshot of the input window would be welcome.
When entering an equation, a color code in the text informs about its validity. SolidWorks Help will provide you with useful information.

At first glance, VBA seems to me to be foreign to your problem...

Kind regards

2 Likes

Which version of Windows?

Is this version compatible with SW2015?

If the version of windows is compatible with sw2015, on the other points I prefer @m.blt .

1 Like

I add @m.blt and @sbadenis and add What version of Excel is installed on the machine?

2 Likes

Hi all

Thank you for the answers.

@m.blt It also exists in the Equations module. Yes I'm sure of my formula, it's simply "= and I click on the dimension I want it to be equal", I have another computer with Solidworks 2015 and it works very well. I'll take a screenshot for you as soon as I can. 

@sbadenis The problem may come from there, it's a Windows 11. First of all, I have to open Solidworks in Windows 8 compatibility mode, otherwise it crashes when I want to save. But apart from this problem of equations, everything works well a priori.

@stefbeno For the moment it's a trial version that comes with the computer (so one of the latest versions of Excel).  I have an old Excel, maybe I can try to install it to see

Thank you to all three of you,

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello;
If it's a tie, have you considered the global variables? Or more simply by using the constraints with a controlled dimension?
In terms of compatibility, I recommend Windows 7 (Windows 8 was known for its low stability).

Kind regards.

2 Likes

If it's a trial version that comes with the computer, it's Office365 "Cloud".

For SW to work, you need a version installed on the machine (so that works without an internet connection).

1 Like

@Maclane Hello, I haven't tried anything else so far, I'll look into it, thanks.  It seems to me that in the compatibility part it only offers Windows 8, and not 7, but to be checked. Thank you for your answers.

Kind regards

@stefbeno Ah, maybe we have a lead then! I'll install Excel on the PC to see, thank you! I'll tell you the result.