Problem: Unable to thicken a surface

Hello/good evening:

I'm looking to make a boat hull, and I find myself stuck during the thickening function. I have the message "Could not shift the surface or the face could not be deleted". I tried several different thicknesses but couldn't fix it. I am attaching the SOLIDWORKS file in question to this question in the hope that one of you will help me find a solution.

Thank you:/

coque.sldprt

Hello

Can you put us some pictures because we don't all have the same version (2016 for me). 

Hello

I think the problem is with the tip of your boat being too sharp so SW can't create thickness with an overlap. Indeed, you do the port and starboard smoothing at the same time.

You must stop your straightening a few centimeters earlier  and fill the tip after thickening by another means (radius)

The best thing is to make only a port half-hull and then a symmetry it will be simpler and good the first time. (modulo to leave a space at the point that will be filled later.)

Anyway, if you build the boat, you won't be able to have a razor-sharp bow.

Kind regards

2019-11-11_09_46_46-solidworks_premium_2019_sp1.0_-_coque.sldprt.jpg
1 Like

I tried to make only half a hull by putting spokes, but now the surface doesn't want to do it anymore ("can't connect the sheets together") I placed spokes at the bow to avoid protruding sides.

coque3.sldprt

I also attach a photo 

nouveau_dessin_opendocument.odg

Edit/

I had made a mistake in the function used