3d slowness problem

hello I have a slow display related to the configurations of a room is this normal.

More clearly I created a tube with holes and squares on each side this tube has a minimum dimension of 200mm then I created

configurations with a 150mm pitch to reach 2000 so every time I click on one of the configs it takes more than 1 minute before the full display is this normal

Thank you for your help

section_tube2.jpg

It takes time to rebuild each configuration after 1 minute seems long to me.

But it depends on the PC used (processor, graphics card...)

From the process used to repeat the piercings...

The number of configurations

You can also use the block bar in the room to save reconstruction time.

Otherwise post your part and a screen print of the tree and we'll see if we can improve this time

2 Likes

The way in which the holes are created on this kind of model is essential.

Post your piece (specifying the version of SW used).

1 Like

SOLIDWORKS PROFESSIONAL 2016 x64 edition SP4.0 quadra board K2200

for the configs the image was attached in the 1st request

otherwise the holes are in linear repetition from face to face if I may say so

Thank you for your help

montant_35x35.sldprt

processor

Hello

See if it can help you or if not, you will have to use the function blocking bar which will prevent its unnecessary reconstructions.

1 Like

Thank you for putting your template online.

I tested, the time to switch from one config to another is more like 10 seconds and I have an old bouzin (Dell Precision T3500: Xeon W3530@2.8GHz RAM 12GB and Quadro FX1800).

Ditto fairly fast change

Win10

Dell T3600 Xeon E5-1620 @3.6GHz Ram 32GB Quadro K2000

Ditto, no particular latency time on SW2016 SP5 and a T3610 (Xeon E5-160V2@3.0 GHz, Quadro K2000).

Is the driver up to date and compatible with the 2016? (or at least functionally certified)

If there is an antivirus, is it set up to exclude SW files from processing?

Hello, thank you all for your answers, I have forwarded all your remarks to my info department.

the driver is up to date and compatible according to them... they can't exclude SW from the company's so-called internal antivirus protocol.

FYI, SW is not installed on my pc locally, it is on a server, so all the links are on the server, in addition to the slowness, I have a lot of bugs, example of a plan, when I print, there are missing views, when I make a pdf of this plan, there are missing views, I have to regenerate my file before any action, printing or even saving etc...

I knew that it came from the installation of SW and not from my way of using it.

Have a good day to all and thank you again

No wonder it doesn't work great

since your SW is on server

and not locally with all the latencies of the network (........)

This is in my humble opinion a big flaw in operating practice

and not at all recommended if I'm wrong by EADS

@+ ;-)

2 Likes