Mesh problem of an element

Hello, I am making a simulation of a chassis and I want to mesh all the chassis but an element (an external face of the chassis) does not want to mesh despite the fact of remeshing smaller, the problem persists. Could someone help me?

My static analysis is in static 1.

3301053_-_chassis_inox_lactup_2191x_680_mm.sldprt

Good evening @keriour

There are a lot of things that are wrong AMHA: either in the simulation settings or in the model where you have interference; especially  on Boss extrud 1 and Extru 23 material removal.

First thing, remove interference in the model.

For the simulation, remove everything that is in the beam and transform it into volume.

Generally speaking , remember that if your beams are smaller than 200 x 200 L 2000 flanges, then do not use Beam but volume. In addition, the beam volume mixture does not make sense in your ASM of pure sheet metal work, so not beam but shell.

Modify your template and repost it to go further ;-)   together :-)

Do you often do simulations?

Because you make choices within the parameters that surprise me. I think that even if the mesh becomes functional, the simulation will become banana or become insignificant given the options taken.

But you may know more than I do! Your question is only about the mesh so let's solve the mallining.  ;-)   ;-)

You can do this type of simulation only on half of the part since everything is symmetrical.

If @ froussel comes by or @Acombier I'd like to have their point of view on the parameters ;-)  ;-) ;-)

Kind regards
Zz

1 Like

Hello

Indeed, the first thing to do is to remove all the interference from the model:

2 Likes

Hello Zozo_Mp

Thank you for your answer!

To explain everything to you, I have to do static analyses on this chassis but the document I was given was made by someone else and I'm afraid I'll have to start all over again:(

Do you think there would be a possibility to modify the part in order to be able to carry out simulations on it?

Kind regards

Hello icome,

Thank you for your answer!

I'm going to try to solve the problem right now

1 Like

As far as interference is concerned, I can't detect it:(

Anyone have an idea?

capture.png

Hello@Keriour

There is an interference detection tool, just use it.

1. Click Interference Detection (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Interference Detection.

I'm glad to know that you didn't design this set. Indeed it would be better to redo the whole thing because anyway I don't see how to simply do the MEP since the model was made in one piece. It's a fake assembly, in reality it's a single piece.

When I see how this piece was built, my hair grows inside my skull.

I encourage you toredo the part according to the rules of the art and for the simulation to specify what you want to test because as I said implicitly as the parameters are made well the simulation will not be significant (not to say totally useless and erroneous anyway.

Kind regards

PS: @Icome excuse me for not having quoted you in my previous message ;-) . To relax and gives you an extent of how this was designed: look at how the inner legs were made. A first leg was made, then a circular repetition to have the same leg in symmetry, but as there are two legs on the other side, a symmetry of the circular repetition was made.
For the rest you won't see yourself I don't see how the bender and the welder will do for the connections, but hey.

1 Like

I don't do any calculations on 'real' sheet metal parts (very large compared to the thickness like this box).

So I'm not sure that the surface module is not more suitable (the volume model may be very very big but it is possible that it can still be calculated: it would still need a mesh size = thickness or less (ideal), up to one mesh = 2 or 3 x the thickness the results may not be too stupid)..

On the other hand, the assumptions of imposed displacements seem to me to be aberrant on calculation 1. Logically there should surely be only the 4 feet fixed. The plane supports seem to me to be too much.

Before making a calculation, the model must be prepared. Working with a sheet metal assembly like this one live is surely suicidal.

Personally, I'll manage to merge all the bodies so that I only have one at the end. Don't hesitate to make extrusions that will represent the welds to do this.

The combine tool is a great help in this kind of case: combine everything possible

Then add functions to 1) remove the details that may be a problem for the mesher 2) simplify the geometry (there's no point in keeping positioning slots that will surely be filled by welding. 3) represent the welds in volume (this allows you to link the parts and they are often the ones that work the most)

In the end, the 3D calculation model will have little to do with the initial model.

At first glance I would say that you will spend 2 to 3 hours making a 3D usable for the calculation and 10 to 15 minutes to actually do the calculation.

Good luck

@kerriour
Which version of Solidworks do you use?
It seems to me that the interference tool is only available in a room since 2019...
If you have a previous version, the trick is to create an assembly with your part alone, then run the "interference detection" tool