SMTP Server Issue

Hello
I would need to send a message from the workflow via the SMTP server of the PDM PRO messaging system.
The problem is that I can't reach the SMTP server, each test results in an inability to reach the server. However, since PDM I have access to the SMTP server.

SMTP

So I don't know where the problem comes from.

It seems to me to be well stated:
smtp1

and yet:
smtp2

Leads at Go-ingeneer:
Troubleshooting SOLIDWORKS PDM Vault Connection Issues | GoEngineer.
or at Javelin (but I have to dig around and I don't have much time anymore...):
Archives PDM

1 Like

Hello

It seems to me that the communication goes through the SQL server (a very old memory of an exchange with the person who does our server migrations) so we have to check that it also communicates with the mail server.
If it's Visiativ your reseller, give them a ticket they should get back to you quickly.

Hello

Please post the solution if you find it.
Having an outlook365 mail server should not help in our case.

We have been in EPDM notification since our passage under 2020 :sob:

Good evening
So indeed if Office 365 for emails, it is not supported until 2024 inclusive (seems to be a new feature of 2025).
On the other hand I came across this link :https://www.javelin-tech.com/blog/fr/2024/06/solidworks-pdm-smtp-notifications-using-email-relay/
This utility seems at first glance to be linked to a DS KB

Hello, I asked our IT to " open " the smtp on both SQL and data servers. At first glance it works, I receive emails sent from the workflow. Now I would like to send, still from the workflow, the PDF file of the plan concerned on the email of our method department so that they can link the PDF to our CMMS. And there it doesn't work as I would like, I specify the type " send a mail ", I check execute for files and execute for files etc... and in the input field I mention PDF. The PDF file is made in a previous step in the workflow.
I don't see what I'm doing wrong.
If you have the solution, I'm all for it.

Hello

Sending mail through transitions is just sending a text message without attachments.
So you have to " cheat " with the dispatch scripts to export the file to a share folder and send a message with the folder link.

Hello
Indeed we don't receive the file exactly but we do receive a link to the specified file but it only works with the SLDDRW file, it doesn't take the PDF file even though the file exists and it has the same name and is in the same directory.
mail

I just tested manually on a PDF file, I don't have the problem. Do PDF files have a category associated with the workflow?
Is the transition done manually or automatically (for PDF)?

That's precisely where the problem comes from I think. The generated pdf file is not in the same workflow as the plans and I can't attach the PDF files in the same workflow as the Solidworks files.

So you have to look at the conditions to assign the right category to PDF files.
Then you have to see how your workflow is set up because any newly created file ends up in the initial stage of the workflow.

Okay, so I created the PDF category to be able to add this type of file under the conditions of the workflow with Solidworks files via an OR.
I do have the PDFs in the same workflow but they don't automatically follow the evolutions in the workflow while I did add the PDF type in the different steps and transitions so todo list.
the email contains the link to the PDF file.

You have to create a link of the files via copy/paste as a reference. This way, the PDF will follow the map and appear in the tree view of the file to which it is linked.

I admit I don't understand copy/paste as a reference.

Basically, you have to select the pdf file, right-click and then select copy.
Then select the slddrw file that needs to be extracted then right-click and select paste as reference.
The pdf will appear as a child of the drawing.