CATIA Problem

Hello

I'm a student in engineering school and I use CATIA software, but when I create parts on CATIA at my school and I try to open them on my PC at home it doesn't work, it puts me: "part protected by an educational license". Do you know how to open it on my PC?

Thank you.

1 Like

See this link 

http://cadxp.com/topic/5669-probleme-de-compatibilite-entre-versions-etudiantprofessionnel/

you'll find the answer

@+ ;-(

1 Like

Hello

I encountered the same problem when I started my engineering studies. I think, without being too mistaken, that you have a version that is not very "official" so normally you have to look in the licenses: Tools > Options > General > License Option. You should be able to check Educational license or something like that.

Have a good day:)

1 Like

Hello, I am surprised by the message  "piece protected by an educational license".

Normally it's just a warning when opening.

The file C:\Users\\foo. CATPart was created with an Education license.

If you can't open it, I'd rather lean towards a PB of CATIA verse, the version of your school would be superior to your version.

If you put an example I can tell you if I can read it I'm in V5-6R2014.

Hello, sorry for the delay, here is an example attached. It always gives me the same error message even though I change the license.

face_arriere_en_plexi.catpart

I don't think you will be able to open it, it would be easier to send me your email address privately if possible. Good night.

Hello:

No PB to open it

That's right, it's not a message of error but the warning message related to the "Education" licenses.

This file is in CATIA V5 R20 to open it, your license must be at least equal or higher, I'm in V5-6R2014. (R24)

Hello

Ok and to change the license you just have to go to license management and check one that corresponds or do you have to download Catia in a new version? (it seems to me that I'm in R19)

If you are in R19 you cannot read a file created or saved in R20.

You have to switch to R20 or +.

Edit: If you have a valid license (under maintenance).