Problems with Adjustments with DimXpert - SW

Good evening

When I put a tolerance with adjustment (Like H7 or g6) I have small problems with DimXpert.

First, the list of adjustments is empty; I have to manually type in the value.

Then I have a succession of small error windows where nothing is written.

And the numerical tolerance remains the default.

On the other hand, SolidWorks does take into account the adjustments in its calculations in TolAnayst ...

Do you have the same problem too? Have you solved it?

Thank you

0.jpg

I  don't use these tools but:

- could you indicate your version and the SP of SW you use?

- you write "the list of adjustments is empty", it looks like a problem accessing a config/data file (a bit like for the drilling wizard). A file that would not be used by TolAnalyst. And amha, that's probably okay with error windows without messages.

1 Like

Hi @ Alain

I think that if the Tolanalyse tool was designed it is to overcome the problem

See the tolanalyse tutorial on the site

ditto the aliasing of the circles 

@+ ..................... always Red Hat

1 Like

@stefbeno

Indeed, I lost the link with "this list of adjustments" because even on a normal drawing I can no longer put adjustments correctly. It's very recent. I have several versions of SolidWorks on my PC. I removed the SW2012 version, which caused me to lose my way. I have 2 versions left currently: SW2013 and 2014 SP0 which are on a D:\ part. For many of the files I use fluently, this is not a problem because I have a file in MyDocuments where I group all my personal templates (Templates, Basemaps,  Blocks, Favorites, Properties,...).  

The question will be rephrased differently: where is the file to visualize the adjustments?

Thank you

Hello

You have to go to Option\file location and make sure that this line points to your sw2013 or sw2014 installation

DimXpert symbol format definition file C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\english

@+

3 Likes

Thank you @Coyotte but it was @stefbeno who put the finger on the problem