Display Problems - SW Assembly Simulation

Hi all

I have a problem in the simulation mode of SW 2017. I apply my connections, my imposed movements and my external loads on my assembly composed of 2 elements:

- an assembly of about 15 parts with some assembly functions (drilling, material removal);

- a room.

The problem comes when I mesh my assembly: several bodies disappear on the screen!

The simulation seems to work however since I apply forces on a body that disappears during my meshing but the simulation works!

Thank you for your feedback.

capture.jpg

Check that all your parts are considered volume bodies. If in the lot you have shells they won't appear.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, how do I see this on my assembly?

In the lower featuremanager part, you scroll down the tree of your part, then the Cut list and finally your welded parts articles. There you can see if they are indeed volume bodies. If not, right-click on each article then "treat as a volume".

1 Like

Hello, obviously it doesn't come from there. I don't have any shell elements.

Ok, obviously it looks more like a mechanically welded part. So you should rather do your study in a multibody room and not in an assembly. You'll probably have fewer wanderings. 

Hello FrançoisG

I have already had this problem, the parts concerned were those with quite complex geometry, and mainly imported parts.

I solved this problem by recreating the imported parts with as few complex surfaces as possible. The same goes for complex parts.

I hope it can help you.

Kind regards