Projection of a part axis from one plane to another plane

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling to find a function or trick to project a part axis (and its sketch) from one plane to another plane. Example on the attached diagram, I have a part sketch drawn in the Face plane and centered on the A-axis and I want to easily project the A-axis (or part sketch) onto a P-plane. The plane P is a plane perpendicular to the top plane and passes through the axis C.  The axis A projected on the plane P must have in common the point Z and the point where the axis B meets the plane P.

Of course, I know how to build this via a small geometry calculation (for the projection of the axes), however, if I want to project the sketch from the front plane to the plane P, it's a little more complicated. Is there a function or method that would allow this to be done?

On the attached diagram I did not represent a sketch of a part, because it was for the understanding of my pb.

Thank you for your answers, cordially

projection_plan_vers_plan.jpg

I'm not sure I understood the problem correctly, but the "Projected Curve" function doesn't work to bring the sketch back to the desired plane?

In the end, do you want to project a sketch perpendicular to the front plane on the P plane?

Projected curve does not work with datum planes.
The simplest seems to me to extrude a surface, up to beyond the plane P, then to make an intersection curve in sketch mode (see PJ).

You can't project the reference entities, so you have to either build or sketch and apply the above method.

projection.jpg
1 Like

Good evening

In fact, I may not know enough about the projected curves but I have tried and I have the impression that it is not too suitable. I made a small drawing to try to clarify better.

I build a sketch of my reference part on the face plane, then I want to project this sketch on the plane P (at 45° in my case with respect to the front plane) in order to be able to build the part (in blue) on the plane P  which has directly the right angle of inclination to be aligned with my reference part.

Here I did the construction by calculating and transferring the right angles in each shot but I would like to avoid this operation which can be tedious.  I hope it clarifies a little better.

Kind regards

projection_esquisse_poutre_sur_plan_p.jpg

I have the impression that you complicate your life by wanting to make projections: try to make a 3D sketch, you can rely on it to make the 2D sketches later.

1 Like

Is it not enough to create, in a sketch supported by the plane P, the construction line from the point Z, aligned with the A axis, and to add the coincidence relation of the other end of the construction line with the B axis?

1 Like

Hello

Yes, in the end, maybe my initial idea wasn't good. So I reviewed my construction and here is the result, I don't know if it can be simpler.

In fact, it is the equivalent of a pyramid with a square base built with "beams" of rectangular cross-section.

Attached is my construction

Kind regards

pyramide.sldprt