Extends a fold parallel to the floor

Hello, I have to make a workshop bench and I can't follow a fold so that it stays parallel to the floor so that the two sides are pressed against the floor.

I tried with the close corner function but it doesn't work.

see image:

Thanks in advance:)

question_pliage.jpg

Hello

Just deploy the feature that you used to create this crease and edit the sketch of it, then you edit it to make it parallel to your floor, or alternatively, you sketch on the face of your crease to fill in the gap and make it parallel to the floor and then you make an extension.

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for your answer.

I did what you suggested, but it doesn't make the folding area fit the floor, the fold stays perpendicular. Only the lip rests on the floor. But I'm starting to think that what I have in mind may not be viable. So I'm just going to adjust the lip to the floor.

Nevertheless, here is my idea.

prolonger_pli.jpg

Finally, I found how to do it. I made an angle in the sketch as proposed and removed material from the lip in order to fit it to the floor.

See attachment.

Thank you for your answer:)

prolonge_pli_soluce.jpg

It's not good to remove material because it won't be real in the development of the part, it will be wrong to shift the sketch from the edge of the part to the inside....