Color property as a function of a processing property

Hello

Is there an easy way to assign a color to a room based on the "Protection" property

Zinc plating, burnishing, blue paint etc.

By going through the property file. PRTPRP

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hello @foufounet!

As it's quiet in the area, I'll give you my point of view...

To do this, there is no solution that exists directly. Several alternatives:

1. Create a macro that links protection to an appearance.
  2. create the materials by set of shades + protection (S235 burnished, S235 painted RAL 5015, 2017A anodized yellow...) so that the appearance will be assigned to the material (basic functionality SW).
  3. Create a custom color palette, or a family of appearances that you can quickly (but not automatically) assign according to the protection you want.

A+

3 Likes

+1 for creating a library of materials with a different color per processing.

I use this method for moss/wood thicknesses in my case.

1 Like

Hello

It's a bit complicated to set up but I created parts files (.prtdot) with the material as well as surface treatments. Yes, if you have a good command of the families of parts, you can create all your materials and surface treatments in a file. prtdot

Look at it there I have 3 configs of material (S235-I304-Galvanized).

You open it and choose your type of material or coating and then you do what you have to do in it...  

PS: in the custom properties, I forgot to change it because you have to fill it in manually when creating the configuration.

piece_divers_materiaux_sw_2016.sldprt

Hello

As said by Benoit.LF, it doesn't seem to me that there is an existing solution directly. For me it's by macro with:

- Step 1: Choice of material.

- Step 2: Choice of treatment with assignment of the room color automatically according to the chosen treatment.

If the user wants to change the part color manually, they can do so using a custom color palette.

So it's a mix between points 1 and 3.

A ac cobra 427, for example, for 30 different materials that can have 5 different treatments each makes you 150 configurations or did I misunderstand your solution?

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello
Thank you for your answers, so I'm going to make materials with shades of colors
according to the processing in parts (.prtdot). (point 2 of Benoit LF).
Macro too complicated for me sorry d.roger!

Kind regards