Custom properties

Hello

In my parts and assemblies, I have custom properties. Is it possible to automatically retrieve these same custom properties in drawings related to these parts and assemblies?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Yes, quite simply:
You insert a note in your drawing with $PRPSHEET:"NOM_DE_LA_VARIABLE" to retrieve the 3D variable (SLDPRT or SLDASM) and/or $PRP:"NOM_DE_LA_VARIABLE" to retrieve the drawing variable (SLDDRW).

You can format it as you want and add before or after text and even other variables.

Jerome

3 Likes

Thank you for answering me, what you described to me is to retrieve the properties in the drawing cartridge for example. But I would like to retrieve the data in the custom properties table of the drawing, see attached image.

capture.jpg

Re

The PDM allows you to do it easily, but without it, I can't see.

Unless you create a code that will fetch and copy the variables.

Sorry

Jérome

Re

This is for the PDM to see all the information on the MEP data map instead of going to the preview.

I would like to know the usefulness of recreating the existing props in the 3D model in the drawing?

1 Like

Hello Stefbeno,

As said above, it allows me to view the MEP information on the PDM data map.

Hello

Stefbeno, I think it's for parts to configure and if you want to do a drawing by configuration. But if that's the case, just attach the properties to the configuration and call the properties of the configuration and not of the room.

Otherwise I don't see the use of re-entering the specific property a second time.  But as indicated by vspemens you will probably have to go through a small macro to rewrite the property lines. 

1 Like

ok for use with EPDM.

This is not possible without a macro, indeed SW allows you to call several models in a mep, so it can't guess from which model it should import the props.
The problem is how to be sure that the change in the room is carried over to the MEP.

1 Like

Hello

So with PDM, it's quite simple
In the PDM Administration you in the left menu the line 'Variables'

If you add the variables you need, they will automatically be created in ALL PDM files at creation or update.
moreover, if you want a value to go from 3D to drawing, you have to add a block $PRPSHEET assign to the right file extension.

See attached file.
if necessary, make a ticket.

image_sans_titre.png

I forgot

After that, all these variables are available for the maps

carte_pdm.png