Quantity of a reference

Hi all

I have a little problem.

When I make my detail plans, I indicate the number of times the piece needs to be done.

My problem is that to know the number I look in the nomenclature of the set where it is to get the number.

So my question is, is there a way to retrieve this quantity automatically and indicate it on my detail plan?

Thanks in advance

Fred.

PS: I forgot to specify => for Solidworks2014

Hi @ Frederic

if your part is identical then same ref

and that it has its own custom properties

you should have only one line in your nomenclature

so you can recover the quantity to allocate it to your drawing

and why not get your nomenclature back by keeping only what interests you

@+

2 Likes

http://www.leguide3d.com/profiles/blogs/comment-faire-un-tri-dans-une-nomenclature

Here is a tutorial for macros, so it's a vast subject it seems

maybe you will find a less tedious method

Maybe also with property forms to display all your configs for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4ozU78GsH_Y

To reformulate, basically you want to report the quantity information of an assembly in a property of the part?

If that's right, for me SW is not going to offer it to you as a base. For a simple reason, it is that this part could be used by other assemblies elsewhere than on your project (even if for you this is not the case).

There may be a way to retrieve this information through a macro.

But @gt22 gives an interesting solution if quantity is important to you: place a view of your assembly in the drawing of the part and make a bill of materials. If you don't want to see the assembly when printed, place it outside the paper frame. You could also limit yourself to placing a comment looking for the quantity of the part, rather than a nomenclature.

The limit of this solution will be the size of the assembly: if it is too big, all your drawings will lag.

2 Likes

I knew that there had already been this question :):

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/inserer-les-qtes-de-pieces-dans-mise-en-plan

Macro-oriented answer, let's see if it works for you.

1 Like

@Benoit.LF, that's what I'd like to do: report the quantity information of an assembly into a property of the part.

And yes, my assemblies are rather heavy:( and my piece is in several large assemblies.

But do you have a head assembly where you are sure to see all the occurrences of this part?

Have you looked for macro?

Maybe get closer to @jpguignard who obviously had the same need and solved his problem!

I only make a head assembly when it's really necessary (to determine dimensions or visualization of my MePs).

As for macros, I don't dare to get into them too much. Especially since by reading the link you indicated, we realize that if my part is used in several assemblies only the quantity of the last open assembly is taken into account.

But hey, it's not a big deal. I'll continue to use the old methods (look on the general plan and report the quantity in my detail plan.) and hope that for the 2015 version it will be standard on SW!

1 Like