What do you think about the size of the SW 2014 fonts?

I have the opportunity to discover SolidWorks 2014.

There are some new features about font sizes.

Font that seems to have changed itself.

Personally, I find the whole thing much more austere than the previous versions.

But above all, whatever the size settings, I have a lot of text overflowing the windows that sometimes become unreadable.

Is it a problem of adjustment that escaped me?

What do you think of this development?

Hello, no problem with us. We use our old basemaps and I didn't notice any difference.

Hello

I'll switch to the 2014 version next week, I will only be able to answer you at this time ;-)

Cdt

Eric

Like Lucas

We don't have any noticeable difference.

Have you created a new template?

From what I understand the font sizes you are talking about are the one of the Solidworks menus, would it not be by chance that you would not have the option to display the texts enlarged in Windows (right click on the desktop, custom, display, choose the size "small 100%" and not 125 or 150)

3 Likes

Indeed, I hadn't understood that it could concern the menus.

To change the text size, see:

http://www.pcastuces.com/pratique/astuces/2733.htm

http://www.clubic.com/windows-os/windows-7/aide-astuce-tuto/windows-7-modifier-la-taille-du-texte-pour-faciliter-la-lecture-a-l-ecran-14812.html

1 Like

Thank you for your answers.

I was never going to fiddle with the Windows settings. I discovered the magnifying glass there.

So I set it to Small - 100% in Windows.

But whether I use the smallest font in SW or check Use OS font see what I get in attached image

1.jpg

Ok it works now, I forgot to close the session to validate the font size.

Everything seems to read correctly (except for a few snippets of text hidden in the window)

It's true that it's written small though.

In any case, thank you for your help

Alan

ctrl-wheel changes this setting... it works everywhere (except SW and the like where the wheel manages the zoom)

1 Like

I knew Ctrl +/-  to enlarge images on the internet

Ctrl + wheel is not bad at all

Thanks for the info!