Which format is the lightest to open?

Hello

Yesterday, I was making a post to ask for help on opening an IFC file.

I got this morning from our client, a file in STEP format, 500 MB lighter than the IFC format ...

But this is not enough. Since this morning, the pc has been running to open it, I go back to see from time to time to see the progress and realize that a window has opened stipulating that the file is open in complex assembly ... not yet finished being fully open but it already looks better than the IFC format.

I'm getting ahead of the curve:) So my question is, once the STEP format is open, I'm most likely going to erase some unnecessary parts, lighten it, but then save it again. What do you think is the best format to record it, the lightest and the most effective in opening? ... should I save it in SW format assembly and part?

Thank you in advance.

Cdt.

Since it will be dead volumes, you might as well save in SW format, it will avoid a new conversion each time it is opened.
I don't think that registering the asm as a piece brings a plus in terms of opening time. It'll just be that you'll have 1 file to manage instead of x.

2 Likes